vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I've been seriously considering these egg rider copies. I don't need, want or use the massive lcd I have

Waterproof is even better

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
I've been seriously considering these egg rider copies. I don't need, want or use the massive lcd I have

I've always considered the EggRider better value than the China copies, since it features Bluetooth, where the copies don't. IIRC, the price difference was only around £20 the last time I looked.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I've always considered the EggRider better value than the China copies, since it features Bluetooth, where the copies don't. IIRC, the price difference was only around £20 the last time I looked.
You are missing a digit there for the eggrider...

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon

KT do a bluetooth module that replaces the LCD. I've got a couple somewhere, but never tried them. You'd have to set the power level before you set off. That's going to be a problem when you come to a hill unless you have a throttle.

I got mine from

The website doesn't seem to be working just now. I also got this email address.
peggymo2016@yahoo.com

There was quite a long delay from order to receipt, but she came good in the end. I guess she's just trading from home and knows where to get stuff from.

£66 for controller and bluetooth including shipping.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I think the KTLCD4 might be worth a go on the trike. I am only really interested in seeing the assistance level out of the corner of my eye because if I need to see speed and whatnot I can use the Bluetooth dongle to send to a device between my feet.

KT do a bluetooth module that replaces the LCD. I've got a couple somewhere, but never tried them. You'd have to set the power level before you set off. that's going to be a problem when you come to a hill unless you have a throttle.

I got mine from

The website doesn't seem to be working just now. I also got this email address.
peggymo2016@yahoo.com

There was quite a long delay from order to receipt, but she came good in the end. I guess she's just trading from home and knows where to get stuff from.

£66 for controller and bluetooth including shipping.
I have tried it a couple of times and it is a bit of a pain. I had to move the screen to the right hand side because the dongle couldn't send a strong enough signal to go through my body. And the software is really bad news, it wouldn't keep my settings between switching off and back on again.

Am ordering a KT-4 for the KT controller I'll use the BT dongle just for the dashboard.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
You are right if you buy from their site elsewhere +100 €£$ whatever. They put me off when I asked about features for KT controllers and "the software wasn't finished".

TopBikeKit Store KT LCD4 25.56€ delivered was cheapest I found on Aliexpress for those interested. Of course as it is new there is no 11.11 special or at least when I looked earlier.

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
It's got the small round connector. Is there a convertor cable to plug into that and change to the small flat plug that my KT controllers have?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
It's got the small round connector. Is there a convertor cable to plug into that and change to the small flat plug that my KT controllers have?
I ordered mine with the standard connector, it was an option on the product page. The cable is also 1.80m long instead of 23 cm which helps on a trike :)

• Informative
Reactions: awol

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
We already have a thread about the LCD4. This one is about the Bafang LCD that looks the same as an LCD4, but is different because it's for a Bafang controller. You're going to confuse people into buying the wrong one.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Ooops...

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
We already have a thread about the LCD4. This one is about the Bafang LCD that looks the same as an LCD4, but is different because it's for a Bafang controller. You're going to confuse people into buying the wrong one.
Oh, I see. I'll search out that LCD4 thread to suit my KT controller.