Kt-lcd5 problem

Roberticus

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2018
Rotherham
Hi Folks, I have an mtb fitted with a Xiongda ywt-06 36v front hub motor, Kt controller and , originally, kt-lcd3 screen. All bought from Xiongda.
This was working fine ! Then decided to de-clutter the handlebars, and as I had a Kt-lcd5 that was no longer being used,I swopped it for the lcd3.
I went through the p and c parameters and copied the values that are in the lcd3 to the lcd5. Did this manually.
Went for a test ride ! It seems to work ok, except the motor cuts out when I get to 7mph.
Now I know the easiest thing would be to refit the lcd3 but I would like to use the lcd5 if possible, so any suggestions as to what may be wrong, or more probably ,what I've done wrong ,will be most welcome !
Cheers,
Rob

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Double check the P1 setting is the same.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The Xiongda controller is special because the motor runs much faster than a normal one. I haven't seen the KT controller for it, but I'm sure that the P1 parameter doesn't go high enough. They get round that by adding another parameter that multiplies it by 2, which is parameter L2 =1. I don't believe that the LCD5 has L parameters, which is probably why you have the problem you have.

LCD4 looks good for what yo want, but you'd need to check whether it has L parameters. Why don't you send Bonnie at Xiongda an e-mail to see if she can get one for you, and ask her if it can handle the L2 parameter?

Last edited:

Roberticus

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2018
Rotherham
Thanks for the replies.
I double checked the settings before I posted, but I’ll check again.
If I recall correctly the P1 setting is 140.
I’ll have a look at the lcd3 for the L parameters as soon as I get a chance.
Thanks again

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I've ordered a five LCD4s because I already need two. That reduces the cost per unit right down. I'll check to see if they have L parameters. If they do, I can spare one or two at around £25 each. They'll take about 2 weeks to arrive. If you're interested, send me a message after that.

Roberticus

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2018
Rotherham
I checked the lcd3 I have and it has the L parameters. L2=1 as you say.
If you can spare one of your lcd4s that would be great.
Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks.