KT sine wave controller- how to make unrestricted??

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
would it help if I bought a new lcd display
No.
Let's take a step back. Please describe your exact problem. if it's that the display sitches off, there can be lots of different reasons. Please give details of the circumstances in which it goes off. is it when you're parked up, goimg up a hill, after you've done 5 miles or what? The more you give, the quicker we'll solve it. Try not to give irrelevant info though.

lata94

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 14, 2021
No.
Let's take a step back. Please describe your exact problem. if it's that the display sitches off, there can be lots of different reasons. Please give details of the circumstances in which it goes off. is it when you're parked up, goimg up a hill, after you've done 5 miles or what? The more you give, the quicker we'll solve it. Try not to give irrelevant info though.
the problem is that I would like to drive about 25-30 kilometers per hour instead of 16 km. the manufacturer has lock almost all settings?

lata94

May 14, 2021
No.
the problem is that I would like to drive about 25-30 kilometers per hour instead of 16 km. the manufacturer has lock almost all settings?
?

lata94

May 14, 2021
How did you come to that conclusion? Do you see an unchangeable 16km/hr in the max speed setting?
yes i think they have locked the display from the factory. I can neither turn up nor down from 16 km. the same is with wheel size it they have also locked

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
yes i think they have locked the display from the factory. I can neither turn up nor down from 16 km. the same is with wheel size it they have also locked
It what you're saying is correct and you can't adjust it by the method explained in the manual, then you have a special software version, so you'd have to get a new LCD to unlock it.

Which LCD do you have?

lata94

May 14, 2021
It what you're saying is correct and you can't adjust it by the method explained in the manual, then you have a special software version, so you'd have to get a new LCD to unlock it.

Which LCD do you have?
I have a KT-LCD3

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The electronics are customer custom ones that KT offer to third party sellers, your issue might not only be a LCD but also programming within the controller.
If it were I would buy the pair from the same non oem seller.

lata94

May 14, 2021
The electronics are customer custom ones that KT offer to third party sellers, your issue might not only be a LCD but also programming within the controller.
If it were I would buy the pair from the same non oem seller.
thanks for helping. do you know where to buy it?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
From UK vendors expect to pay about double the cost of buying direct from China.
Buy lcd and controller from the same vendor to be 100% sure of connector compatibility.
For UK ebay etc, or forum user Daniel has a online presence at Torquetech.co.uk.
Other wise we use Aliexpress sellers, Topbikekit, Greenbikekit in China. PSWpower and BMS battery are two others.

What you don't know is, is it the lcd or controller programming preventing the changes.

Reactions: Slightlypedantic

lata94

May 14, 2021
From UK vendors expect to pay about double the cost of buying direct from China.
Buy lcd and controller from the same vendor to be 100% sure of connector compatibility.
For UK ebay etc, or forum user Daniel has a online presence at Torquetech.co.uk.
Other wise we use Aliexpress sellers, Topbikekit, Greenbikekit in China. PSWpower and BMS battery are two others.

What you don't know is, is it the lcd or controller programming preventing the changes.
okay thanks for your help again.

I might ask a little silly but would not it be cheaper to try with a new display first

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
No reason why not and if it is still the same, you know it is the controller programming.

lata94

May 14, 2021
No reason why not and if it is still the same, you know it is the controller programming.
now I have talked to a company where I have agreed that we will test with a new display.

will return once I have tried it.

if it's the controller that's teasing, can you reprogram it?

Megadevs

Dec 1, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have the same issue. Klaxon restricted wheelchair attachment restricted to 16kph. The max speed setting is locked by the manufacturer.

I see people have tried replacing the LCD3. Did this work?