KTM Elycan

Galaxya6

Pedelecer
Jul 11, 2020
Checked out this link.. mine is obviously not working properly..
any ideas why a motor / controller would sort of half work.. does give a bit of help but not much. In the video in ‘High’ this bike is whizzing along with the same drive train as mine. It’s lacking power but still working, no errors on the display. Could the torque sensor be faulty?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Checked out this link.. mine is obviously not working properly..
any ideas why a motor / controller would sort of half work.. does give a bit of help but not much. In the video in ‘High’ this bike is whizzing along with the same drive train as mine. It’s lacking power but still working, no errors on the display. Could the torque sensor be faulty?
They do have really good power. It could be the torque sensor, but you'd need some sort of specification to test it against. There's hardly been any info or tests on this system on this forum. You might find something or you could ask on the German forum. There's much more over there on these sort of things. If you ask, keep sentences simple. Use Google translate if answers are in German.

Galaxya6

Pedelecer
Jul 11, 2020
No. 13 is the sign of the recuperation.
Hi, I have taken the torque sensor apart and the foil strip has come away from the axle. This foil strip is used to detect pedal torque when it rotates within the coil which is centre tapped. I wonder if I ‘superglue’ the strip back it will provide the correct output and increase the motor output to that what would be expected. The strip appears to be corroded but I am reluctant to clean it as it may affect the magnetic properties? Thanks for looking D422728B-40A8-464A-8757-2B743BB6DD6F.jpegEAB774D4-99FC-4ECC-BB16-9D6A01A9A7C3.jpeg

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Superglue should be OK. When I did my mechanical engineering degree, we used to glue strain gauges to metal with superglue (then called cyanoacrylate) to measure stresses.

I think you can still get new replacement torque sensors from KTM.

Galaxya6

Pedelecer
Jul 11, 2020
Superglue should be OK. When I did my mechanical engineering degree, we used to glue strain gauges to metal with superglue (then called cyanoacrylate) to measure stresses.

Thanks vfr400, I appreciate your help. Really struggling to find a source for the torque sensor anywhere. The Part number is NUA093.. it’s a Panasonic/Shimano joint effort I believe. They are like Hen’s teeth! With my electrical hat on I can see if the strip was loose it would affect the magnetic properties of the sensor if it were loose and not attached. Hopefully it will work when superglued on.. any ideas how to get this bearing off.. I’ve tried pullers and removed the retaining screw. The splined shaft could just be rusted on! Also who would use an open bearing on a precision part like this??? Thanks Ian

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Thanks vfr400, I appreciate your help. Really struggling to find a source for the torque sensor anywhere. The Part number is NUA093.. it’s a Panasonic/Shimano joint effort I believe. They are like Hen’s teeth! With my electrical hat on I can see if the strip was loose it would affect the magnetic properties of the sensor if it were loose and not attached. Hopefully it will work when superglued on.. any ideas how to get this bearing off.. I’ve tried pullers and removed the retaining screw. The splined shaft could just be rusted on! Also who would use an open bearing on a precision part like this??? Thanks Ian
Contact these people, who are the UK distributors. that's where the last guy got his from.

http://www.flidistribution.co.uk/ktm-dealer-list

Galaxya6

Pedelecer
Jul 11, 2020
Hi everyone.. just to let you know the problem was with the torque sensor.. all up and running now and I have ‘power’!!

Nick Lazar

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 16, 2023

Hello !
Where do you find this sensor?I have the same problem and I don”t know where I can buy this sensor!Thank you!

Nick Lazar

May 16, 2023
Can anyone help me to find Panasonic torque sensor for rear hub and motor 47V 8.8 Ah 412 wh ?
Thank you all!

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
You got answers in the other thread where you posted the same question. When you post the same question in multiple threads, it's not only bad etiquette, but it causes confusion to everybody, including yourself.

Nick Lazar

May 16, 2023
You got answers in the other thread where you posted the same question. When you post the same question in multiple threads, it's not only bad etiquette, but it causes confusion to everybody, including yourself.
Sorry but I did not find the answers.Can you help me?