Kudos Sport

Eaglerider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2011
East Sussex
The cycle path runs out of Brighton along the road past Moulescombe, which joins up with the cycle approaches to the University at Falmer. The cycle path mostly runs alongside the A27, but it is a separate pavement/track with a high kerb to keep you away from the traffic. It's also very flat, so should be easy on your battery range.

From there it goes straight to Lewes and then into the town.

You can follow the cycle track signs through Lewes annotated NCN 2, down Ranscombe Hill and ride the very new cycle track that extends from Lewes to Firle. You can check the possible route here: CycleStreets » Cycle journey planner » Palace Place to Short un-named link

. I have started the route from the Palace in the centre of Brighton. Cyclestreets is a very useful website that is quite up to date with new sections of cycle track infrastructure. Perhaps as a start, you could do some investigative test rides as part of your burgeoning "Sussex Investigation".

I guess I should point out that the final climb to Firle Beacon where it joins the off road South Downs Way rises 500 feet in about half a mile, and the last bit is quite a challenging climb!!!:rolleyes:

Here's hoping the Summer isn't over yet eh!

Last edited:

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Hi Eaglerider ,

It is funny how you had posted this thread, I am waiting for the weather to warm up a little bit,(with no rain) and was planning to take a trip up for the day with my bike. Might try that route too.

MS

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
The cycle path runs out of Brighton along the road past Moulescombe, which joins up with the cycle approaches to the University at Falmer. The cycle path mostly runs alongside the A27, but it is a separate pavement/track with a high kerb to keep you away from the traffic. It's also very flat, so should be easy on your battery range.

From there it goes straight to Lewes and then into the town.

You can follow the cycle track signs through Lewes annotated NCN 2, down Ranscombe Hill and ride the very new cycle track that extends from Lewes to Firle. You can check the possible route here: CycleStreets » Cycle journey planner » Palace Place to Short un-named link

. I have started the route from the Palace in the centre of Brighton. Cyclestreets is a very useful website that is quite up to date with new sections of cycle track infrastructure. Perhaps as a start, you could do some investigative test rides as part of your burgeoning "Sussex Investigation".

I guess I should point out that the final climb to Firle Beacon where it joins the off road South Downs Way rises 500 feet in about half a mile, and the last bit is quite a challenging climb!!!:rolleyes:

Here's hoping the Summer isn't over yet eh!
Hey, what a great Route Planner! CycleStreets » Cycle journey planner » Palace Place to Short un-named link A absolute gem for planning ones trips. You can live in a place for 40+ years and still be totally ignorant of ones surroundings. All I need is for the rain/wind to become a distant memory and the sun to reappear, hopefully sometime soon, and then the "Sussex Investigation" can start.

ps To get to Firle Beacon I may have to get a train to Lewes or Falmer as I would be a bit over optimistic if I think my 9amp battery would be able to get me there and back without a recharging stop, for battery and myself.

Last edited:

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
View attachment 3691View attachment 3692View attachment 3693

Got up early this morning for a test run down to Brighton beach.
I first tried the Bike with no power, and i noticed no resistence at all from the motor, it felt like riding a normal bike, which came as a pleasent surprise. Switched on electrics and selected level 2 pas, and the motor kicked in making a soft whine hardly audible, and gave a considerable boost to the speed, by the time i got down to the beach, and feeling more confident, i Selected level 3 which was quite a hair raising experience...within a couple turns of the pedals the motor kicked in with quite a bit of torque, and accelerated at a surprising pace. The throttle worked ok, but never felt the need to use it, on the way home i tried my first uphill and the bike handled it well in level 3 pas, with little effort from me, i sailed up the hill, I found i did not need to change the gears that much and stayed mainly in #19 out of 21 gears available.
There are a few things to tweak, gears, and the front brake, but overal the bike has surpassed my expectations and I am very please with the purchase.

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
It has now been 3 1/2 years since I first bought my my Kudos sport, have had a great time with the bike and have no complaints on its performance or reliability, but the battery is dead and having problems finding a replacement.
I have upgraded to the Batribike Granite Pro recently, and pleased with its solid performance but yet to fully test its durability, reliability, and range but will post my thoughts some time in the future.

Reactions: VictoryV