Kudos Sport

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
My first e-Bike arrived today (Kudos Sport) :) A stress free order and prompt delivery, came well packed, and no damage to bike, 10 minute assembly of handlebars, and pedals and further 10mins tweaking brakes, and mudguard positioning, and a general check on anything that might be loose.
The Battery was partially charged, placed in position and checked all electrics and all seemed to work ok, connected throttle wire, and rotated throttle, and the front wheel sprung into life. The battery is now on charge, and intend to take the bike out tomorrow(early morning) for my first run.
I am very impressed with the look and general quality of the bike, but the true test will be how it performs on the move, will post my further thoughts tomorrow.

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
IMG_20120531_071657.jpgIMG_20120531_070133.jpgIMG_20120531_070238.jpg

Got up early this morning for a test run down to Brighton beach.
I first tried the Bike with no power, and i noticed no resistence at all from the motor, it felt like riding a normal bike, which came as a pleasent surprise. Switched on electrics and selected level 2 pas, and the motor kicked in making a soft whine hardly audible, and gave a considerable boost to the speed, by the time i got down to the beach, and feeling more confident, i Selected level 3 which was quite a hair raising experience...within a couple turns of the pedals the motor kicked in with quite a bit of torque, and accelerated at a surprising pace. The throttle worked ok, but never felt the need to use it, on the way home i tried my first uphill and the bike handled it well in level 3 pas, with little effort from me, i sailed up the hill, I found i did not need to change the gears that much and stayed mainly in #19 out of 21 gears available.
There are a few things to tweak, gears, and the front brake, but overal the bike has surpassed my expectations and I am very please with the purchase.

jasono

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Good introduction to the bike and like the photos too

It does seem very good value for money

Enjoy your ebiking!

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
I particularly liked photo number one. Nice view of the bike, and the beach, but even more interesting is the UFO you managed to capture. It looks like some guy kneeling on a short flying surf board. Is this available from Kudos, and what Amp Hours batteries does it take please?

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
@neptune
Must admit i did not notice it, but under further investigation ..ur right its a UFO not sure what amph they run on, but the Kudos uses 36v 9amp battery and the bikes are presently on a reduced offer as far as i know.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Congrats on your new bike.

Have fun down there, just mind you dont get abducted.....:D

Lynda :)

Davanti

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2012
Congrats on your new bike.

Have fun down there, just mind you dont get abducted.....:D

Hi Jazper53 ... Don't worry ... you won't get abducted 9th/10th June ... funkylyn is in Bristol!:p

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Hi Jazper53 ... Don't worry ... you won't get abducted 9th/10th June ... funkylyn is in Bristol!:p

LOL.....you havent seen my Tonaro move obviously......it flies..... :D

But dont worry though, Im already 'on a promise' that night .......bf arriving that evening , after the Bristol Bike day.......... if anyone wants to see just how fast you can dismantle a gazebo, just watch me move at packing up time ! :cool:

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
IMG_20120602_094430.jpg IMG_20120602_095248.jpg

:confused: I was wondering about using my seat post mounted panier rack that came of my old Saracen Vice, and use it on the Kudos, it looks like it was made to fit. I am thinking of buying a new seat post & seat, and permantley bolt the rack on to it, so i have a interchangeble set up for my fishing expeditions.
My main concern is the loading on the seat post support which holds the battery. can anyone give advice on this before i consider this modification ??

Last edited:

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
If you brace the bottom of the rack to the frame to support the cantilever load of the rack it should be alright.

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
If you brace the bottom of the rack to the frame to support the cantilever load of the rack it should be alright.
I am not looking to have a permanent set up but a interchangeble set up for the odd fishing excursion and afterwards, change back to the standard seatpost and seat.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Seatposts and the frame seat tubes do fail from time to time, it's not an uncommon failure. Therefore I don't think it's advisable to increase the loading in this way unless you provide some additional support down to the frame as Shemozzle suggests.

A suggestion. Mount two 6 mm bolts with one or two nuts onto the rear frame plate by the spindle nuts, arranging them with a gap between bolt head and nut by the frame. Add a couple of rods from the bottom of the carrier which have slots in the bottom of the rods corresponding to those bolts. Then when you add the carrier, the slots on the ends of the rods would sit yoke fashion over those added frame bolts between bolt head and nut to give that support, so no extra spanner work needed to add the carrier.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Jasper,not a good idea to load the seat tube by cantilever a rack,the weight of the battery plus rack cantilevered would put too much strain on the top of the seat tube,this is particularly of concern if you are tall and the seat post is a extended a long way out of the seat tube. It will need some additional support other than cantilever but I think you intended that.
Dave
Kudoscycles
Currently located in Ithaka,Ionian Islands

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Thx to all , and the gent who emailed me on this matter, I have been convinced its not a good idea to put any more loading on the seat tube and will be retiring the pannier rack to my old bike
I am 5' 6" tall and the seat position is at its lowest position possible which should not add any extra stresses on the seat tube. It did look a bit out of place on the bike anyway.

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
A year has passed since I required my first Ebike. So far I have had a trouble free, and enjoyable experience, yet to have any breakdowns or crisis. The electrics have been superb and the battery seems to outlast any trip I have made so far, with plenty of charge to spare. The brakes could be better, and the gearing is a bit low, but I am not out to break any speed records, maximim speed recorded to date is 18mph which I expect was on a downhill slope, as i do not really push it much past the 15.5mph cut off. I do hope we will have a better summer this year, as i am keen to plan some extended tours around E.sussex.

Pictures taken last week from East arm Brighton Marina In the background is Rodean School for Posh Tarts.

100_0221.jpg

100_0225.jpg

Last edited:

Eaglerider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2011
East Sussex
as i am keen to plan some extended tours around E.sussex.
Bike looks really nice and clean Jasper. When you fancy an adventure around East Sussex, perhaps we could meet for beer or two. I can get to Lewes from Battle and back, could be a giggle. The cycle path from Brighton to Lewes is pretty flat. Perhaps you could make it up to Firle Beacon, nice up there! Let me know if you fancy it some warm sunny day. :cool:

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
My first e-Bike arrived today (Kudos Sport) :) A stress free order and prompt delivery, came well packed, and no damage to bike, 10 minute assembly of handlebars, and pedals and further 10mins tweaking brakes, and mudguard positioning, and a general check on anything that might be loose.
The Battery was partially charged, placed in position and checked all electrics and all seemed to work ok, connected throttle wire, and rotated throttle, and the front wheel sprung into life. The battery is now on charge, and intend to take the bike out tomorrow(early morning) for my first run.
I am very impressed with the look and general quality of the bike, but the true test will be how it performs on the move, will post my further thoughts tomorrow.
Hi jazper53,

What do you mean by your first ebike? I had imagined that you were an already seasoned ebike owner.
Ok then, you'd let us spend all our money on ebikes, and then had decided jumped in when the time was positive and right.
Anyway, the bike looks nice and also a good quality starter bike. The price you can not fault either, under 700quid all new. THAT IS A VERY HARD PRICE TO BEAT-ENJOY THE RIDE MY FRIEND !!!!

MS.

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Hi jazper53,

What do you mean by your first ebike? I had imagined that you were an already seasoned ebike owner.
Ok then, you'd let us spend all our money on ebikes, and then had decided jumped in when the time was positive and right.
Anyway, the bike looks nice and also a good quality starter bike. The price you can not fault either, under 700quid all new. THAT IS A VERY HARD PRICE TO BEAT-ENJOY THE RIDE MY FRIEND !!!!

MS.
I started the thread over a year ago (may 2012) and was updating my intro review with a brief annual report The bike last year was on a special offer for £595 for a couple of weeks, and I decided to take the plunge, after a long time mulling over the options of which bike to buy.

Last edited:

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Bike looks really nice and clean Jasper. When you fancy an adventure around East Sussex, perhaps we could meet for beer or two. I can get to Lewes from Battle and back, could be a giggle. The cycle path from Brighton to Lewes is pretty flat. Perhaps you could make it up to Firle Beacon, nice up there! Let me know if you fancy it some warm sunny day. :cool:
Sounds like fun, I have yet to do a trip to Lewes, I did not know there was a cycle path to Lewes as I thought it was all A27, a road I would not feel safe riding on, as it looks now more like a motorway, perhaps you could enlighten me on the best route ?

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
I started the thread over a year ago (may 2012) and was updating my intro review with a brief annual report The bike last year was on a special offer for £595 for a couple of weeks, and I decided to take the plunge, after a long time mulling over the options of which bike to buy.
Understood:eek:

MS