Kudos Tornado, like new condition

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
This was my dad's bike, unfortunately at 70 years of age he has finally decided to give up cycling altogether. His balance has started to go.

This bike was a last ditch attempt to keep riding that really didnt work out for him. All the power in the world doesnt help you balance. As such its got a very low overall mileage of 106 miles and even the screen protector is still on the computer.

The bike is located in Manchester and my dad is asking for £800 for it.

Inserting these pictures may not work so here's the links to where i uploaded them:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7vv5IKmlVnLN2RwdkNOc0pqZ1lLQWFIZWFXREhmdUZKSXRB/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7vv5IKmlVnLTnF2d1ZJNUNBNFZ3eS1iTTVLcnFjV3JnN2o4/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7vv5IKmlVnLTUVMN29wdWZIV3licVVEOURVTV9aMWNGVU5R/view?usp=sharing

Any questions please PM me and i'll send you my phone number or email address. Thanks,

Steve

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
Thanks, but he would be embarrassed by those. He's made up his mind now and hasn't rode this one since September.

Kuorider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2014
It would help prospective buyers if you can confirm that the battery has been maintained properly since the bike has been stored.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
it's not the season for bikes - you may have to put it on ebay auctions with a low reserve like £400 to generate interest. If it sells before, you can always cancel the ebay auction at anytime.

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
A high bidder bidder called d8veh, i wonder who that could be ;)

D

Deleted member 4366

I was just bumping the price up a bit to save the waiting, but I'll be happy to take it at that price if you want.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
final price £561. It may not be what you would have liked, but in view of the time of the year, I believe it's fair and you did the right thing. If you had waited a couple more months, the remaining warranty period would have been less, that would have affected the result.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
final price £561. It may not be what you would have liked, but in view of the time of the year, I believe it's fair and you did the right thing. If you had waited a couple more months, the remaining warranty period would have been less, that would have affected the result.
Almost exactly half price, which is about what I would expect for a few months old ebike.

Or push bike.

A guy turned up at my local bike shop today wanting to sell a six month old, little used £600 Boardman hybrid.

Chris the manager offered him £250.

The guy was underwhelmed, but as Chris said to me afterwards, no one will pay more than £300 for it, even with bike shop back-up.

The exception seems to be Bromptons, which hold their value well.

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
Hmm, dunno, I sold his Volt folding ebike a couple of years ago for £900-something, new price had been 1200. Mostly with ebikes I've got closer to two thirds.

No contact from the buyer yet, which is frustrating.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
As with any item for sale its only worth what someone is willing to pay irrespective of how much you think it's worth. The new cost has to be forgotten with used items no matter how old or little use it has had as everyone is looking for a bargain unless of course the item is very rare or scarce. In my view £500 - £600 was a good price, for it to have been a real bargain it would have gone for less than £400.

falmouthtony

Esteemed Pedelecer
I think the high bidder got a bargain. I bid £551 in the last few seconds on the basis that it would have cost me at least £100 to travel from the West Country to collect. Would have bid higher if I lived locally.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Seemed pretty cheap to me too. I can't find flecc's S/H price calculator. I thought it was going to be a sticky on the classified section. I think it might come out at a bit more than this though.

Perhaps waiting a couple of months would have paid dividends? I may be wrong but I don't think the Kudos warranty is transferable, so that running short wouldn't matter.