Last chance to order the Swytch complete eBike kit for £225

infopete

Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2017
Leicester
I have both the Brompton kits working and mostly I like them. Mine cuts in and out a bit and it is a bit slow for the power to cut in I will play with the settings and see if it improves.

I'm running on the "50 mile" battery and I think 50 miles is very very optimistic.

And, of course, I still have two kits that will not fit on the intended bikes.
I've been offered yet another sensor that should come in the next two weeks. I'll keep you all posted.

David888

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 28, 2015
David, what are they offering and is it for the Brompton or a full size kit?
The upgraded motor is for a Brompton it is and I quote “20% lighter , super silent , has 70% less rolling resistance and 25% higher torque” than the standard hub motor . This upgraded motor is to be offered as an upgrade in 2019 as the Swytch Pro Premium package . I will be accepting this sweetener as a few more weeks waiting for the delivery will not make to much difference to myself .

infopete

Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2017
Leicester
The upgraded motor is for a Brompton it is and I quote “20% lighter , super silent , has 70% less rolling resistance and 25% higher torque” than the standard hub motor . This upgraded motor is to be offered as an upgrade in 2019 as the Swytch Pro Premium package . I will be accepting this sweetener as a few more weeks waiting for the delivery will not make to much difference to myself .
David, that just makes me jealous. If you had said you also get the quoted 50 mile range I would have cried.

David888

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 28, 2015
I’m a bit concerned about your doubts about the range of the 50 mile batteries Pete , I’ve ordered the same battery , these new motors may have been developed to address the range issues if they perceive them as a problem ie the reduced weight and better rolling resistance , I’ll write a review when I’m up and running , mind you it’ll be winter probably so I won’t get a true insight until the spring/summer next year .

infopete

Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2017
Leicester
David888, I think running on levels 5/6 and mainly flat roads I would get about 25 miles. Throw in a couple of hills (with my heavy weight) this would reduce greatly. However, I'm looking forward to seeing how your new motor performs.

spinellino

Pedelecer
May 11, 2017
Italy
David888, I think running on levels 5/6 and mainly flat roads I would get about 25 miles. Throw in a couple of hills (with my heavy weight) this would reduce greatly. However, I'm looking forward to seeing how your new motor performs.
That's not my experience. My wife did 20+ miles using a little less than 40% of the battery. It was flat roads and level 5/6. So 50 miles is definitely possible on those conditions. Of course I never expected to get 50 miles at full power and full speed.

infopete

Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2017
Leicester
That's not my experience. My wife did 20+ miles using a little less than 40% of the battery. It was flat roads and level 5/6. So 50 miles is definitely possible on those conditions. Of course I never expected to get 50 miles at full power and full speed.
I think if you're running on level 5/6 and cycling over about 10mph you're unlikely to be using any battery power. On that basis you could easily do 50 miles if your legs would last that long.

spinellino

Pedelecer
May 11, 2017
Italy
At level 5 my wife rides at 10mph with no leg power at all. She has to put some effort only if she wants to have faster than that.