last kit help question Honest!

stevenatleven

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2011
Fife
I have been getting some good advice on kit conversions around the 500 pound mark. I had decided to wait for the new Woosh kits but I now see Oxydrive have reduced 2 of their kits

I am impressed with the batterys and the motors seem to be the standard stuff i see around this price point so my question is should I just get one of these and get cracking or are they discounted for a reason ie old technology etc

Thanks again for your patience and help

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Several happy Oxydrive kit owners on here.

I don't have one, but I have tried the stronger motor as fitted to the 13ah Oxygen MTB.

Recommended.

I'm not sure what woosh has in the pipeline, but most improvements in ebiking are no more than incremental.

What is the delivery time of the new woosh kits?

It's already May, so if you don't get up and running soon you will miss a lot of the cycling season.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Ask about kits as much as you like there is no limit on asking :).
Tech wise the kits are about as it good gets at the mo, apart form the new 2 speed Xiongda motor.
The Oxydrive cst is Bafang pretty much the same as their BPM, heavy duty big hub motor which can take the amps if you wish too. The kit like the BBS is plug and play with a nice intergrated controller but not so nice later if it has a problem unlike a modular system. The wiring is a bit neater then a BBS, I have the 13ah cst so far not got no where near the reported mileage of 50 miles but suspect that may be capable on flat roads with skinnier tyres on a road type bike using speed level 1 and pas 2. But if you want to feel the power and performance of the kit you will need to go up to speed level 2 and use pas on 4 or 5 at the minimum in return this will eat in to the battery and use it up quicker, I use mine as an off roader and 25-30 miles is my experience and you will have to experiment and adapt brake cut offs if you use Hdb's, Other wise its a powerful kit that pulls very well.
The 15ah Woosh battery should give a bit more range.

Last edited:

stevenatleven

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2011
Fife
RobF thanks for the recommendation, the woosh kits are June 7th but they also have no installer close to me and it all is adding up and as you say
the season is moving on. (incidentally are you the same RobF from the
NC700 forum)

Nealh the 20/25 mile range is all I would need as like you i would put it on
my mountain bike. i like to explore the land rover tracks in the hills and that
range coupled with my own efforts on the flat and downhill would be more
than adequate. What would be useful to know is if the motor has much drag
when I would be using the bike with the power off on the flat etc

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
incidentally are you the same RobF from the
NC700 forum)
No, never heard of it, or him, or possibly her.

Nor can I help with your drag question, but I'm sure others will.

D

Deleted member 4366

Just to make it clear. The Oxydrive has the Bafang CST cassette motor, which is a lot more expensive than the BPM motor and it's more highly developed.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Every one has an opinion on whether there is drag unassisted, personally speaking the cst is very rideable unpowered on the flat and no problem down hill but uphill it takes me effort in lower gears. Peeps have differing strengths and fitness so not every one will agree ,if you lived near me I would let you try.

stevenatleven

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2011
Fife
d8veh that clears up any worries I had about the CST motor being old technology, i am thinking cst is short for the cassette feature ?

Nealh thats fair enough,uphill i would always be using the power.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Steve, you are correct cst hubs are for cassettes the splined type where as bpm and other types are for freewheel threaded ones.

pdarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 5, 2013
Bradford
www.mybigdaydj.co.uk
RobF thanks for the recommendation, the woosh kits are June 7th but they also have no installer close to me and it all is adding up and as you say
the season is moving on. (incidentally are you the same RobF from the
NC700 forum)

Nealh the 20/25 mile range is all I would need as like you i would put it on
my mountain bike. i like to explore the land rover tracks in the hills and that
range coupled with my own efforts on the flat and downhill would be more
than adequate. What would be useful to know is if the motor has much drag
when I would be using the bike with the power off on the flat etc
Steven whereabouts are you based? There might be another non Woosh installer in the area?

stevenatleven

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2011
Fife
Hi pdarnett. i live in Fife, quite close to bigroy but finding it difficult to contact him. Woosh are having problems to and they have stock shortages so looking
at Oxydrive/Oxygen now