LCD S866 + Brainpower controller

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
P07 Should be set to how many internal magnets there are in the hub.
I count 20 magnets lining the hub casing .

P13 is for PAS magnet poles on the disc.

Reactions: Emanuele and Sinan

Emanuele

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 25, 2019
P07 Should be set to how many internal magnets there are in the hub.
I count 20 magnets lining the hub casing .

P13 is for PAS magnet poles on the disc.

ok! that's right, it's like I said ... so P7 = 20 not 1 ... while P13 = the number of magnets on the PAS disk .... thanks

alfred kuhl

Pedelecer
Jan 17, 2019
Hello Emanuele, You have not written where ever the problem lies. To the magnets in the engine. You can see, they are the rectangular silver parts over the copper winding. I think it's 20pcs see IMG260. But then there is the gear ratio in the bill. What else is the PAS sensor (crank sensor). The indication of the magnets is unimportant for the run. Here it is important that the transducer for the impulses sits right. Otherwise the engine will not start for safety reasons.

Hallo Emanuele, Du hast nicht geschrieben wo überhaupt den Problem liegt. Zu den Magneten im Motor. Die kannst du sehen, es sind die rechteckigen silbernen Teile über der Kupferwicklung. Ich denke es sind 20Stk siehe IMG260. Aber dann muss da noch die Getriebeübersetzung in die Rechnung. Was anderes ist der PAS Sensor (Kurbelsensor). Die Angabe der Magnete ist erst mal für den Lauf unwichtig. Hier ist wichtig dass der Aufnehmer für die Impulse richtigherum sitzt. Sonst läuft der Motor aus Sicherheitsgründen nicht an.

alfred kuhl

Pedelecer
Jan 17, 2019
Hallo Sinan, ich bin bei einer Suche in eigener Sache auf etwas gestoßen was für dich helfen kann.
https://www.pedelecforum.de/forum/index.php?threads/bafang-bfswxh-36v-250-w-mit-hallsensoren-nachrüsten.53874/

Hier sind Angaben über die eingebauten Sensoren. Habe dazu Datenblätter verausgesucht. Bei dem OH443 sind Einbauhinweise auf der letzten Seite. Den SS443 gibt es bei Conrad. Ich kann leider nicht sagen ob deine Bestellung mit denen vergleichbar ist. Hier sind jedenfalls noch Kondensatoren und Widerstände verbaut die bei deiner Platine/Sensoren scheinbar nicht nötig sind.

Attachments

Speedee

Pedelecer
May 11, 2019
Hi Sinan and Emanuele, have you made any progress?

Hallo Sinan und Emanuele, wie ist der aktuelle Stand der Dinge?

Emanuele

Apr 25, 2019
Hi Sinan and Emanuele, have you made any progress?

Hallo Sinan und Emanuele, wie ist der aktuelle Stand der Dinge?
Hi, my bicycle I have no problem of functioning, it works very well and I am satisfied. I have entered all the correct parameters (number of motor magnets, number of PAS magnets, diameter of circles ... etc.) but the speed shown on the display ( s866) was not correct (as in gps) so I changed some parameters to make the speed shown on the display (s866) be like the one from gps detected by various applications on the phone ... In the next few days I will mark all the parameters from set me up ... Thanks. See you soon. Emanuele

Speedee

Pedelecer
May 11, 2019
Hi Emanuele, that sounds great. Thanks.

Hallo Emanuele, das hört sich gut an. Vielen dank im voraus.

p.s. What exact model number is your controller? Do the 5 power assist settings give you 5 different intensities or do they all feel the same? Does the sleep mode / power off mode of the display work when you set a value of 1 minute of inactivity?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wim van Arkel

Emanuele

Apr 25, 2019

p.s. What exact model number is your controller? Do the 5 power assist settings give you 5 different intensities or do they all feel the same? Does the sleep mode / power off mode of the display work when you set a value of 1 minute of inactivity?

The controller that I installed is s866 (250w).... Actually I can't find the difference in the 5 assistance powers (P12) While the start pedaling sensitivity works well (P11) .... I didn't try the switch-off time, today I try it then let me know ... As promised I set my parameters to have a good operation and a truthful speed shown on the display:

P01=3
P02=0
P03=36
P04=10
P05=1
P06=16
P07=50
P08=100
P09=0
P10=2
P11=1
P12=1
P13=7
P14=12
P15=29
P16=... Reset ODO
P17=1
P18=50
P19=0
P20=0 don't touch

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
P12 is nothing to do with power control. The controller uses speed control, not power control. P12 determines which speed level appears on the LCD when you switch on, to save you from having to press the up or down buttons a few times to get to your preferred level. It's only a function for convenience.

Emanuele

Apr 25, 2019
P12 is nothing to do with power control. The controller uses speed control, not power control. P12 determines which speed level appears on the LCD when you switch on, to save you from having to press the up or down buttons a few times to get to your preferred level. It's only a function for convenience.
[/QUOTE

this is the extract of the instructions .... how do you translate the entry in P12?

Emanuele

Apr 25, 2019

Hi, I checked does not go on standby after the set time ...

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
View attachment 30406

this is the extract of the instructions .... how do you translate the entry in P12?
It's Chinese English. By power, they mean PAS level, which in your case is speed. If you don't believe me, set it at 1 and see which level your display shows when you switch on. Select first gear and turn the pedals to spin the motor up to maximum and note the speed. Repeat after resetting to 5.

Emanuele

Apr 25, 2019
It's Chinese English. By power, they mean PAS level, which in your case is speed. If you don't believe me, set it at 1 and see which level your display shows when you switch on. Select first gear and turn the pedals to spin the motor up to maximum and note the speed. Repeat after resetting to 5.
I did the test you described to me .... it changes absolutely nothing ....

Speedee

Pedelecer
May 11, 2019
Hi Emanuele, thanks for listing your parameters. I am guessing you figured out the hub's gear ratio or adjusted the speed calibration...or maybe both. Well done!
I meant if you feel any difference when pedaling when you flip through the PAS levels (1 to 5 or 1 to 3 depending on the value under P05). The reason I ask is because I noticed the S866 is sold paired up with two styles of controllers (that I know of). There is one that has a sticker on it that says:"Brushless controller" without a brand name or logo and the other one is the "XLD Brainpower Motor Controller". The difference between the two could simply be the sticker on the controller housing. Although I did notice more negative feedback about the controller labeled "Brushless Controller". One of the complaints was it doesn't turn off (standby) even if you set a time out value (which isn't really a problem to me) and the other complaint was all PAS levels feel the same. I haven't seen any of those complaints with the "Brainpower Motor Controller". Then again, some of the complaints with these controllers are probably caused by external factors, like the problem Sinan seems to be facing with the broken hall sensor. I think Vfr400 is right about P12, it looks like that is the "default" PAS setting that shows up on your display when you switch it on.

Last edited:

Emanuele

Apr 25, 2019
Hi, my model of the display is s866 while the controller is Brainpower Motor Controller KSLS58 ... Yesterday I did all the tests on P12 and it doesn't change anything, the initial force does not change and the initial settings do not change as vfr400 says ... P11 works very well (it works in conjunction with the PAS) which activates the motor after 1/4 of a turn of the pedal if set to 1, or 4-5 turns of the pedal if set to 5 .... As for P05 today I try to change the parameters then I'll let you know ... P04 standby time does not work, nothing changes, but I do not care ... hello

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
the initial force does not change and the initial settings do not change as vfr400 says ...
Do you understand the difference between controllers that use speed control and those that use power control? Yours uses speed control, so the initial force is always the same.

Emanuele

Apr 25, 2019
Do you understand the difference between controllers that use speed control and those that use power control? Yours uses speed control, so the initial force is always the same.
ok, but the speed doesn't change either ... how do you explain it?

Advertisers