LCD S866 + Brainpower controller

Spinnanz

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2019
Even with the white speedo sensor wire connected, I've been unable to get the speedo to work unless the controller is powering the motor.

These controllers will work with or without hall sensors, although e7 will be displayed if the halls are not connected. Without halls the motor will be noisier under acceleration. When up to speed there is barely any difference.

tippy56

Just Joined
Feb 15, 2020
The controller has throttle and PAS/1:1 connection make sure you have used the correct connection as per your link, also if you have fitted a PAS sensor/disc that wasn't supplied you do have to make sure the wire sequence matches. A non supplied PAS may not have the correct connector attached so don't just assume it would fit. China controllers and ancillary's are not standard across the various manufacturers, not all wire colours will match so you simply have to match wire sequence, so 5V to 5V , Gnd to Gnd & signal to signal.
On the controller 5V will be Red or Brown, Gnd will be Black , signal White or any other random colour on a PAS colours will often be like wise.
Often it involves replacing end connectors and changing the wiring order to match that of the controller connector.
male connector on 1.1 connector pas connector also male,no good

brayd0715

Just Joined
Apr 8, 2020
hello my name is bryan I am new to this I have hooked up the controller and display along with power and hall and throttle but I can only get wheel to spin when the green wires are connected if i push throttle while the are connected it goes into reverse
please help

Spinnanz

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2019
hello my name is bryan I am new to this I have hooked up the controller and display along with power and hall and throttle but I can only get wheel to spin when the green wires are connected if i push throttle while the are connected it goes into reverse
please help
The green wires are only connected when setting the motor direction. In normal use, the green wires will be disconnected.

Disconnect the green wires and set the controller to 3 and and reconnect the green wires.

The motor will power up. If the motor turns the wrong way, disconnect the green wires until the motor stops and then reconnect the green wires. The motor should now turn the correct direction. Disconnect the green wire. Direction is now set. Now try your throttle.

brayd0715

Just Joined
Apr 8, 2020
The green wires are only connected when setting the motor direction. In normal use, the green wires will be disconnected.

Disconnect the green wires and set the controller to 3 and and reconnect the green wires.

The motor will power up. If the motor turns the wrong way, disconnect the green wires until the motor stops and then reconnect the green wires. The motor should now turn the correct direction. Disconnect the green wire. Direction is now set. Now try your throttle.
Thank you I figered it out and now is working

Reactions: Spinnanz

Jejeraume

Just Joined
May 11, 2020
Hello everybody,

I've bought a controller 866C which is for 24V 250W e-bike to fit in a pedelec motor. I've cut some unuse wire ( that was an error). And I cut 1 of the 2 green wire.
So I can't learn the phases. Does anyone have photos from this controller or can say me where go the second green wire goes (5V or GND)?

Thanks !

35324IMG_20200511_202318.jpg

IMG_20200511_202336.jpg

waszlavik

Just Joined
May 22, 2020
Hi everyone,
I am Miklós Waszlavik from Hungary. My brother's pedelec is broken. They are no longer manufactured or repaired. I ordered an s866 lcd with controller and a kt v 12 L pas sensor. At first the pas didn't work but this was easy to fix. My questions are: How can I set on lcd (without switch off) the zero torque? In non zero mode, at what speed does the engine start? Thanks for yur help.

Attachments

waszlavik

Just Joined
May 22, 2020

Attachments

Jejeraume

Just Joined
May 11, 2020
Hi everyone,
I am Miklós Waszlavik from Hungary. My brother's pedelec is broken. They are no longer manufactured or repaired. I ordered an s866 lcd with controller and a kt v 12 L pas sensor. At first the pas didn't work but this was easy to fix. My questions are: How can I set on lcd (without switch off) the zero torque? In non zero mode, at what speed does the engine start? Thanks for yur help.
What do you mean for set the zero torque ? I have a motor in frame, so can't have the right speed on lcd.

Gavin Denning

Just Joined
May 21, 2017
Harrogate
I have S866 display and the brake warning icon comes on after 3 seconds power up, with brake wire connected or not and it will only run with learning wires connected. Anyone any ideas. Thanks

Joseph

Just Joined
May 31, 2020
Hello I have the bike Sheng milo fat tire 4’Mx 20 with lcd s866 500w motor 48 v 15ahm is possible someone tell me one good combo programming For long distances I need it because I make delivery many thanks

Last edited:

maury24

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 10, 2020
Buona sera,ho un ebike con display s866 ma non mi fa impostare un valore più alto di 25km/h.altri display ho notato che lo fanno.cè la soluzione?grazie

serieux

Just Joined
Jun 25, 2020
hello everybody I'm new on e-bike.I have a controller s866 on advanced menu (I open by pushing + and- buttons together.On p08 is 25 (I learned from the user manuals that is the max speedand It can be changed upto 100) but its not possible change the value .Its start to flashing by pressing + button but its not change.Is it possible to lock for change the menu?I can't change the value 25 ni down ni up .How I can change the max speed limitation.Thanks for everybody

Last edited:

maury24

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 10, 2020
[QUOTE = "serieux, post: 566181, membro: 30720"]
ciao a tutti sono nuovo su e-bike. Ho un controller s866 nel menu avanzato (apro premendo insieme i pulsanti + e. Su p08 è 25 (ho imparato dai manuali utente che è la velocità massima e può essere cambiata fino a 100) ma non è possibile modificare il valore. Comincia a lampeggiare premendo il pulsante + ma non cambia. È possibile bloccare per modificare il menu? Non riesco a modificare il valore 25 ni giù ni su. Come posso modifica la limitazione della velocità massima. Grazie a tutti
[/CITAZIONE]
Stesso problema mio,questo s866 sarà il modello nuovo ed è bloccato su questa ebike

KalEl

Just Joined
Jul 8, 2020
Hi,
Will this controller works with the fiido d2s without changing the pas? I read some people had to buy another pas in order to use the brainpower controller.
Thanks

Last edited:

korntes

Just Joined
Jul 8, 2020
Hi all! My company has installed already 20 of these S886 display + Brainpower controller, so far so good, no issues in terms of usage (we have installed these in ebikes and scooters).

The one issue we are seeing though is that we are not able to save the settings! For instance we change the wheel size, but when turning the device on or off we see the default settings only. Is there anything we might be missing? Has anyone seen this issue before? Thank you for your help, I went over the 17 pages and lots of incredibly useful experience :)

Advertisers