Leaving the EU

Mar 9, 2016
Are rest of us any better informed than the Liverpudlan lady ?
All we get from politicians is spin, political manouvering and down right lies. The ******* Tony Blair took us to war on a pack of lies and he,s still lecturing us. Teresa May comes on and says she,s altering fires service because its 95% male/ white and we know full well by biased reporting from BBC all she wants to do is cut service.
Anybody who thinks they know correct way to vote hasn't grasped the nature of problem. Its going to have a massive influence on us all but which pack of lies do you vote for? The one that supports your own vested interests and indoctrinations.
That " lady" perhaps has best approach.
I,m voting out. Might reduce number of lying greedy over paid politicians.
And perhaps had we not spent last 20 years bombing middle east migrants wouldn't be moving countries by their millions. I went to Kos last year. Our human race that produces all this suffering and allows it to continue has simply not evolved properly. Its a disgrace to us as human beings, but solving it ? I haven't a clue.
( the removed word was ar5401e.)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: tillson and D8ve

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
For once I'm almost totally in agreement with Flud. Except Im voting in.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
  • Agree
Reactions: tillson

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
brexit could spell disaster for the EU according to the Express

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/674402/brussels-fear-brexit-domino-effect-eu-end

Brexit could start the exodus of members outside the eurozone.

Have they only just twigged that this will happen? Why is it that these idiots are always at least 12 months slower to realise what is happening than the general population?

If the UK votes to leave, other countries are going to want their chance to get out. There is much unreported discontent with the EU, particularly in Italy.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Have they only just twigged that this will happen? Why is it that these idiots are always at least 12 months slower to realise what is happening than the general population?

If the UK votes to leave, other countries are going to want their chance to get out. There is much unreported discontent with the EU, particularly in Italy.
the EU does not currently have a solution for the migrant crisis, so it's natural that a lot of EU citizens far away from Greece, Spain and Italy think that the EU is a sinking ship and choose the 'every man for himself' approach.

A note for Brexiters: if we trade as EFTA country after Brexit, expect about 7% of the workforce will be from the EU.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
I'm almost in agreement with you (and what fluid says), except I think the way forward is to vote OUT.
Tilson Flud and I are almost in agreement.

Nurse Nurse, more meds for me please.

• :D
Reactions: tillson

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I'm almost in agreement with you (and what fluid says), except I think the way forward is to vote OUT.
The way forward is to go back?

Reactions: trex

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
The way forward is to go back?
No, we are sliding backwards in the failing EU experiment, so the way forwards is to leave. It was worth trying, it hasn't worked, move on. It's daft to persist with something which clearly doesn't work.

If we do vote to leave, expect all sorts of concessions to appear on the table to keep us.

• Agree
Reactions: mike killay

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the EU is not perfect but far from being a failure and not likely to fail either.
If you are talking about the migrant crisis, it's a problem for all, not just for the Schengen countries. If you are talking about sovereignty, there are always good laws and bad laws. Laws made by the EU relates to the single market and the principles are already consented to by member countries, so I don't see that as a problem.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2016
Tilson Flud and I are almost in agreement.

Nurse Nurse, more meds for me please.
Don't worry D8ve, its only trivial stuff like this we agree on, when we get to important stuff like bikes I,m sure things will be back to normal. ( smilie)

On the trade issue with brexit...The emerging markets of China, India, South Americas, Asia dwarf EU. That's where we should be looking.

• Disagree

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
we already trade of them as a member of the EU. It's unlikely that we'll get better terms trading with them after Brexit. If anything, we'll be powerless against Chinese cheap steel and we won't be able to export much of our fisheries and lamb to the EU.

• Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If we do vote to leave, expect all sorts of concessions to appear on the table to keep us.
That is cloud-cuckoo land, and I have proof of that with an actual case which I will be posting shortly. The proven position is the opposite, and it is we who will have to be making concessions if we leave, should we wish to trade with the EU.

Those concessions will include us fully signing up to Shengen and continuing to pay in while losing the rebate.

P.S. Here's the link to the promised post

Last edited:

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
There is nothing for the uk to feel guilty about. These people should be immediately turned around and swiftly delivered back to the point of origin.
Choosing whether or not one feels guilty is perhaps not the issue: the same political class that sanction tax havens(and get paid off like say the Cameron's) or wage illegal wars outside Europe make decisions about UK citizens pensionfunds, benefits,and brexit. Yes,it's no surprise British citizens get screwed. Metaphorically you are also getting out of a lorry on the A1.

• Agree
Reactions: oldtom and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Are rest of us any better informed than the Liverpudlan lady ?
Of course, almost all the population are better informed, even children.

That lady didn't even know there was an EU referendum.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The post you quoted was on "Insult to democracy" thread and he told us Iceland had just beaten England at football. If thats your definition of posting on this thread on subject then you are right.
You really do lack a sense of humour Zlatan. That was a brilliant post by Robdon, putting the whole Brexit subject into perspective while everyone else was getting so het up about it.

Robdon's posts show very clearly that he views Brexit as a big mistake and that he has little time for the British establishment. Those views he shares with many of the Remainers in these Charging Post threads.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
???
Mainly Greek "sour grapes" about Germany.

As the article shows, Germany is well aware of the potential problem and will act in time. Likewise the EU, anything that endangers the euro will be acted upon and the threat of expelling the southern offenders from the eurozone will bring them into line.

After all, that worked with Greece.

Reactions: lectureral

Advertisers