LEF ebike/microcar

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
but at the end of the day that batt will die and if you do 100 miles a day i doubt it will make 4 years esp if you ramp it.

the question is can you buy a new oem batt for a car that is 8-10 years old ?

then can you just buy one or will it be a dealer job as need the software to pair it to the controller.

it is pretty clear these things like the batts and motors are not to be serviced and just replaced and use locked software just like bosch ect as will just make them even more money.

at least if you covert a ice car to your own setup in 10 years time a new batt and motor could be fitted no problem and as good as new just like my bike. :p

if apple made a e car ppl in there millions would buy one just to go with there phone and can use it to open the door and fire it up.:rolleyes:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes woul ddepend on the sytem used , one would be fooked if battery to controller CAN was used. By then micro EV may be sussed out .

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
In about 6 - 8 years time , I wouldn't mind one of those citroen ami's with a defunct or in need of a battery and be able to buy one cheaply. One could then simply add a 48v 14KW LFP a lot cheaper then one expects a replacement official 5.5kw would cost.
Could be much sooner than 6 to 8 years Neal. The ratio of battery capacity to usage could mean a much shorter life, since with the maximum speed of 28 mph it will be driven flat out much of it's life. Very unlike most e-car usage.

It's not a Citroen design, the Capgemini oufit designed it and Citroen have said they accept no responsibility for the design, only marketing it.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
problem is there all at it now even new tv remotes come with lipo batts glued in the fkn things and 100 quid for a new one :mad:

now if they made these car batts universal and modular batts and chargers for all brands i could see it working but thats never going to happen because of greed and corporate control.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes I saw that Capgemini makes it , it is also marketed under the Opel badge as a Rocks- e.
Simply any company can sell the design under there own name as Capgemini have designed it as an open market concept to which both citroen and opel have decided to add it to their ranges with changes in badging , liveries and specs etc but in essence the same vehicle.

I saw my first one recently in Lingfield on a 40 strectch of road.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
but at the end of the day that batt will die and if you do 100 miles a day i doubt it will make 4 years esp if you ramp it.
Nobody does 100 mile a day Soundwave, that's 36,500 miles a year!!

It's not far off physically impossible for one individual in an e-car anyway, due to the limitations of range, performance and charge times.

Intermittent 100 miles a day would be no problem for a Leaf or Zoe battery using a home charger since it would easily last ten years.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Fleet delievery vehicles will do 100+ a day but then again we are talking a different game come battery size and power.

• Agree
Reactions: guerney

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
my m8s girl friend does as a rep for a company so does not even come back till the weekend.

it is a company car so ramps the crap out of it as free petrol and tyres so it is a bmw hi power rally car and she has broken every single company car she had pmsl :p

if she had a tesla the batt would be toast way b4 the warranty ended or would do so many miles it would void it anyway or just fall to bits.

• Informative
Reactions: guerney and flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

kwpe

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 29, 2022
I like that for stability, but not for price and because it isn't fully enclosed, it doesn't get a cigar. And I'll need a powerful motor plus a bit more cargo carrying capacity.

There are doors (ie full enclosure)in some of the photos, and there are trailers - but I agree it seems to need a bit more on-board cargo space. 250w motor plus pedal power should be plenty for an aerodynamic velo.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
company's pay higher rates for there power but if you use a super charger that will do it as massive power faster.

On average, these Tesla charging stations cost 50p per kWh for monthly members (£10.99 per month) or 60p per kWh for non-members, but you may find some variance depending on location. Tesla has more than 650 superchargers in the UK.
Copyright Checkatrade. Using this information in an article or blog? Please add a link back to https://www.checkatrade.com/blog/cost-guides/tesla-charger-cost/

so you need the fkn app to get a discount :mad:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Yes woul ddepend on the sytem used , one would be fooked if battery to controller CAN was used. By then micro EV may be sussed out .
It can't be long surely - I don't see why the solar panel array can't be much wider and longer than the micro EV, due to it's big heavy battery situated low in the vecicle, and the resulting low center of gravity... if there was an airgap between the solar panels and the vehicle roof, with the solar panel array being fixed to an aerofoil providing downforce from air moving in any horizontalish direction.

Expect 4kWh average per day from 1kWp of horizontal solar, so about 700 or 800Wp is the minimum requirement. That in silicon is about 4m2, which is about the footprint of a small hatchback, rather than a Twizy/Twingo.
A micro EV could get away with a smaller surface area of silicon? Micro EVs are the most sensible future for personal transportation: Do more with less for ultimately longer.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
In about 6 - 8 years time , I wouldn't mind one of those citroen ami's with a defunct or in need of a battery and be able to buy one cheaply. One could then simply add a 48v 14KW LFP a lot cheaper then one expects a replacement official 5.5kw would cost.
Let's hope some bright spark(y) finds a workaround by then - if not for comms, power supply would do from the 14kWh... add your own voltmeter to the dashboard. If required, adding a liquid cooling system in between cells can't be that hard - similar to Tesla's has been used in PCs for years: coolant. tubes, radiator, perhaps a pump.

Last edited:

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Even now with domestic single tariff rates around 30 to 35p/kWh, I was expecting overnight off peak rates to be nearer 20p, and a large consumer to have an energy manager dedicated to getting value for money.

I have no contacts of that kind to ask, so just supposition, but if the 70p is really the case for off peak for large commercial customers then yet again my mind is boggled!

If it is so, then given that net zero is not negotiable, they will have to reexamine the delivery process and make more substantial changes than just replacing IC vans with electric vans. I wonder what they could do...

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Expect 4kWh average per day from 1kWp of horizontal solar, so about 700 or 800Wp is the minimum requirement. That in silicon is about 4m2, which is about the footprint of a small hatchback, rather than a Twizy/Twingo.
clear or nearly transparent solar panels (TPVs) lets you use them on glass, higher yield, 25%+ improves collection. The technology is here.