Lekkie Bling Ring 42t - Anyone know the chainline on a 68mm BB?

Manc44

Pedelecer
Jun 21, 2021
Does anyone know what the chainline ends up at if using a Lekkie 42t Bling Ring on a 68mm bottom bracket, on the Bafang BBS02?

All I can find is stuff like "9mm offset" but that's meaningless to me, I just want to know what the chainline is!

The Lekkie website says:
"Offset: 9mm – see User Manual for more information (stock bafang 5.4mm)"

If the stock chainring creates a 50mm chainline (according to the BBS02 schematic) and the Lekkie chainring has 3.6mm more offset than that, the Lekkie chainline ends up at 46.5mm right?

I think on my setup that would be literally perfect. I can always put 1mm washers on the bolts between the motor body and chainring to end up with it at 47.5mm (what it probably should be on my MTB).

Cheers.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
I didn't know you could measure a chainline, so I don't think I can be of much help, but offset is dish on the chainwheel to bring it inboard from the edge of the motor housing, so I think your calcs. are correct. From my experience, a Bling Ring will work well with most applications.

Manc44

Pedelecer
Jun 21, 2021
I didn't know you could measure a chainline, so I don't think I can be of much help, but offset is dish on the chainwheel to bring it inboard from the edge of the motor housing, so I think your calcs. are correct. From my experience, a Bling Ring will work well with most applications.
Cheers, yes I think I worked out I might need a 2mm spacer with the Lekkie and perhaps five 1mm washers to space it to a maximum of 3mm in total but it won't need more than that... plus also then it needs 5 bolts that are 3mm longer. Safety first!

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
You need the chainring to clear the chainstay too.
On my Cannondale Trail it just touched the chainstay but a quick tap with a hammer sorted it as we were talking les than a mm.
What bike are you putting it on?