Leonardo Di Caprio gets on his A2B Metro!

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Oh dear......You really need some lessons in marketing:D

I'm not going to look but I bet it's a yellow one;)

tell him to stay away from cliffs, 2 high profile millionaires in the same week would be to much......and real bad for E Biking

Last edited:

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oh dear......You really need some lessons in marketing:D

I'm not going to look but I bet it's a yellow one;)

tell him to stay away from cliffs, 2 high profile millionaires in the same week would be to much......and real bad for E Biking
Hello my abusive friend- I knew you would be first to comment ;)

It isn't a yellow one though! And i'll continue to defend mine, its cool! We'll certainly keep him away from cliffs, a real shame about mr Segway

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
Love this endearing line:

"Leonardo DiCaprio doesn't have time to pedal a bicycle like the rest of the plebeians"

There are pedals and I'm sure he does use them - and people on bikes are not plebs.

Thank God it wasn't David Beckham. The "fixies" will never recover their cool...:D

beckham bike.jpg

Note the flip flops.

alex_h

Pedelecer
Dec 28, 2009
Hello my abusive friend- I knew you would be first to comment ;)

It isn't a yellow one though! And i'll continue to defend mine, its cool! We'll certainly keep him away from cliffs, a real shame about mr Segway
yes Mark, meet Eddie, our spanner master of this forum :D

All the best

Alex

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
None of these celebrities are wearing cycling helmets...should I feel smug ? :D

PS: this A2B beast really looks ugly, in my opinion. :eek:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
PS: this A2B beast really looks ugly, in my opinion. :eek:
Depends on how you look at it I suppose. I see it as very practical urban transport without any need to be classified as bike/scooter/moped or whatever. Viewed in this light I think it looks the part, having a touch of urban chic about it and a lot more practical than the GoCycle.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
There has been a GoCycle on Gumtree for ages....chap cant seem to get rid of it

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
Depends on how you look at it I suppose. I see it as very practical urban transport without any need to be classified as bike/scooter/moped or whatever. Viewed in this light I think it looks the part, having a touch of urban chic about it and a lot more practical than the GoCycle.
At 37kg, this e-bike has as much "urban chic" charm as a Chelsea tractor. Give me a hipster fixie, anytime :p

(each to his/her own, of course :D )

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
At 37kg, this e-bike has as much "urban chic" charm as a Chelsea tractor.
That's the point Dan, though not for me I can see how the Chelsea tractor crowd would see it as chic. It's a featherweight compared with a moped and does much the same job in town, practical transport without the moped's legal hassles.

alex_h

Pedelecer
Dec 28, 2009
if we clasiffy A2B as a moped then it's superlight scooter, but we clasiffy it as a bike then is a some of the heavy bitch :D

Synthman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2010
Oxford
Personally I really like the look of the A2B Metro. If I hadn't have got the Ninja I would probably have got the A2B. However, I really like being able to carry a passenger on my bike and I don't think the A2B would be able to do that, whereas mine has full capability for a passenger.

I also like the idea of the off-road switch. I came really close to buying the A2B, but my ebike was half the price. Also, as I would want more range, buying the A2B without the second battery wasn't an option, and is about £2500 for the bike and two batteries, vs £899 for mine, and at those prices you can get a decent petrol scooter. Granted, I've had more trouble with my bike than most people would put up with, but when its working fine I'm so happy with it, even if 15 miles is the absolute maximum range, its enough for the longest trip I would make in Oxford.

I originally wanted a PX125, when I was ready to buy it, they no longer sell them because of emissions. I got the ebike as a stop gap and its been adequate for the city. I want to replace it with a GTS 125 ie Super, but I think I'll try and get my battery problems on my ebike sorted first. There's no reason why I can't have both, using the Vespa for longer journeys or up hills when its too windy!

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
if we clasiffy A2B as a moped then it's superlight scooter, but we clasiffy it as a bike then is a some of the heavy bitch :D
Hi Alex,

This is the point, its in its only category, not a bike but not quite a scooter and we accept this. We have a great deal of happy customers who love the Metro and sales are strong.

We do launch a fully electric scooter this year, which will be half the weight of a Vespa at about 45kgs and have a removable battery. We have some very clever technology being integrated.

Thanks
Mark

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi Alex,

This is the point, its in its only category, not a bike but not quite a scooter and we accept this. We have a great deal of happy customers who love the Metro and sales are strong.
As I said earlier: "I see it as very practical urban transport without any need to be classified as bike/scooter/moped or whatever". It doesn't surprise me that it's selling well, there's a large potential for light adequately powered transport free of legal restrictions.

We do launch a fully electric scooter this year, which will be half the weight of a Vespa at about 45kgs and have a removable battery. We have some very clever technology being integrated.
That's an intriguing new avenue, a step further away from an e-bike but retaining some of the low weight. I'll be interested in how well it climbs without any option of pedal assistance, given that it's likely to be quite low powered at that weight.