Lidl bike computer

Rod Tibbs

Pedelecer
Jun 10, 2008
I have now had about a weeks experience with this £3.99 computer and I must say it is brilliant. It is very easy to read, does everything you could possibly want and is easy to operate. The instruction sheet takes a bit of digesting but you can get the basics up and running without too much trouble.

I am left with one question - how do they do it at the price and presumably still make a profit?

Would be interested to hear other people's experiences with this gadget.

Rod

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think it's a bit like digital watches Rod, the basic electronic unit very cheap and it's the the way it's packaged and marketed that determines the price more than anything else.

UrbanPuma

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2007
I bought a few and found it very easy to set up. Glad to hear its working brilliantly Rod :)

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
I bought a few and found it very easy to set up. Glad to hear its working brilliantly Rod :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

why did you buy a few ? are you expecting them to break after a while and to have a spare ready,in which case "cheap becomes expensive"..or you have several bikes ?

UrbanPuma

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2007
Hi Keithhazel, I dont have several bikes - i wish! :D i bought one as a spare, and two for friends who have bikes.

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Hi Keithhazel, I dont have several bikes - i wish! :D i bought one as a spare, and two for friends who have bikes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats very thoughtful of you, its good to be in a group of friends who look after others when a bargain is around as we all cant be around at the same time same place...:)

MR E

Pedelecer
Dec 6, 2007
West Sussex PO21
I bought mine last week and set it up on my GT off road bike.
Jolly good value for £3.99 and wireless as well!!

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I took mine back! I didn't like having to manually switch it on before setting off. Apart from that, it looked quite good.

alsmith

Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2008
Northumberland
My Bikemate cycle computer (from Aldi I think) has just started losing about an hour a day. I've tried a new battery (then a second) but no difference- it is the wired version MCP 30102 I think about 2 years old.

I wonder if the other readings are also affected. Anyhow I don't wear a watch so it needs replacing unless there is a solution (very unlikely I know).

Of course I don't have the receipt after 2 years but I still have the packaging which appears to have a date code (04/2008) on it. The computer also has 04/08 printed onto the back. The packaging says 3 years warranty so hopefully I can get a replacement.

Anyone else had similar problems?