Light switch

point5clue

Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2017
UK
Hi all,
I have a S06S/S-LCD6 controller/LCD. I've just invested in an ebay 12-85V led light after my battery light plunged me in to darkness on a steep downhill on a country lane on the way home from work..

It comes with a separate handlebar mounted switch, but the wiring is not long enough to reach to the frame bag where the controller and battery leads are available in the dry.

When I turn on the LCD backlight it gives me the impression in the manual that it can switch on an external light as well, but I don't think there is a 'lights' wire on the controller.

Has anyone come up with a cunning way to turn on the lights, or should I just get some long wire to extend the switch back to the controller bag ?

Gazzgo

Pedelecer
Jan 6, 2018
Lancaster
My controller has a light switch but couldn’t find a wire. I added an eBay 12-85 led and used a separate handlebar mounted switch. Works great. I also have smaller leds that are just on when the power is on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Has anyone come up with a cunning way to turn on the lights, or should I just get some long wire to extend the switch back to the controller bag ?
Yep I turn on the bike, the lights are hardwired to the controller power wires. I ride with the lights on 24/24, 7/7, twelve months a year. Helps a lot with priority at stop signs and roundabouts I have discovered.