London to Brighton Charity ride

Hero Eco

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2012
Gloucestershire
Hi all;

Not sure if anyone has ever considered the London to Brighton ride, but I can recommend it after completing it yesterday! Only spotted one electric bike though!

If enough are interested we could organise for an electric contingent to take it on next year?

My experience of it here: My electric road

Thanks
Mark

the_killjoy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 26, 2008
I was under the impression that electric bikes were't allowed. Mind you never got over the shock when I found that you had to register (£30) to take part.

Hero Eco

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2012
Gloucestershire
I was under the impression that electric bikes were't allowed. Mind you never got over the shock when I found that you had to register (£30) to take part.
I think they are allowed. If enough people are interested I'll make some enquiries! The £30 covers the mechanics on hand, food and drinks at the halfway point and obviously someone to mark out the course. Its better we pay rather than the charity, in my opinion?

Hero Eco

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2012
Gloucestershire
I did this in 1982 or 1983! Would really like to have another go....with electric pedals!
Well thats you and me so far then Lynne!

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Not a definate Yes but would certainly be interested.

It would depend on the Logistics nearer the time.

Velospeed

Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2009
West Berks
I'm up for it! But I'm not sure they will allow ebikes; I applied for the Alzheimer's London to Paris trip a couple of years ago but they wouldn't allow them on that. Otherwise it means hauling the old treader out of the shed and cleaning the spiders off. :)

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
J has taken part in Cycletta charity rides, women only, on her JuicyBike. No problems at all with registration (or the bike!) 40km distance. Next one is at Tatton Park in October. She did the London/Brighton without e-assist but that was in '89. Still wears the T-shirt!
Happy long e-rides!
Tom

Patrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2009
I did the British Heart Foundation's London to Brighton bike ride earlier this year (on an unassisted bike), along with over 27000 other cyclists. I even met someone on an electric bike along the way.

British Heart Foundation - London to Brighton Bike Rides

The event's so big that you could just turn up on a e-bike and rely on Stewart's law of retroaction (it's easier to get forgiveness than permission).

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
E-bikers have ridden the route at the same time previously, nothing to stop them on public roads of course. A friend who took part told me of one woman sailing uphill on an e-bike in the midst of it.

Lynne

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2012
Barnsley
I know I said count me in.....however.....

I've just done my first 10 mile bike ride....needed a long lie down, so my head might be willing to do 54 miles....the body on the other hand...

I've got time though, so I'm more a maybe than a definite yes!

Hero Eco

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2012
Gloucestershire
I know I said count me in.....however.....

I've just done my first 10 mile bike ride....needed a long lie down, so my head might be willing to do 54 miles....the body on the other hand...

I've got time though, so I'm more a maybe than a definite yes!
Don't worry Lynne, plenty of time to train :)

I've just signed up for London to Paris, not sure it was a great idea, but we'll see...!