Looking for a fun hybrid ebike around £1600

microjampear

Just Joined
Jul 22, 2020
Hi,

I've been looking around for a fun hybrid ebike for around £1600, I noticed the Raleigh Strada Elite for £1599 but that is now out of stock and potentially not going to be restocked from what I was told. In one of the posts here mentioning that bike, they mention that the Shimano motor is fun to ride with - so I was hoping to find something that fit that was also exciting to ride. A removable battery would be a huge plus.

I'd be using the bike mostly for commuting and cycling around town to get places and idealy the shop should be part of the government cycle scheme, as I have applied to that with my company.

I'm only 5'6, so an appropriate frame would be best.

another one of the bikes I was looking at was the Kudos Rapide, however I'm unsure if they are part of the cycle scheme or not at this point - and I've not seen any reviews of that yet.

This is my first time looking to get an e-bike so I'm really looking forward to getting out on one.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

microjampear

Just Joined
Jul 22, 2020
Thanks for the suggestion, after looking for where its sold, I also came across the Raleigh Motus which I have read good things about.

Also apparently the Carrera Crossfuse regularly gets steep discounts to within my price range, though I guess that's unlikely in the current climate. I wonder if its worth waiting on that?

It seems pretty difficult to figure out where one ebike sits among all the others, lots of reviews say very similar things.