looking for electric step through

Liz

Pedelecer
May 5, 2011
Hi. I'm looking for a step through as a small lady. Ideally a 17inch frame. I don't know how frame size
equates with wheel size. Do you?
Daisy, I am a small lady who used to be a very keen, quite serious, cyclist until age and other issues overtook me.
There is a far more limited range of sizes available in e-bikes than in 'proper' bikes and you might want to be looking at a step through with 24"wheels, which is certainly what I'd be doing if I didn't need a folder. As a shorty, you'll definitely want to be considering both your inside leg length (saddle to pedal) AND your reach - to the handlebars. A bike's no use if you can't both pedal and steer in comfort and simultaneously!
If you can try several bikes - and note accurate measurements - you will get a good idea of the sort of measurements you are looking for. The larger budget you have, the more likely you are to find something to suit. Alternatively, if I still had my old Isla bike (13" frame) I'd probably be buying a conversion kit, so if you already have a bike that fits you, you might want to look into that.
Hope that helps!

Lancslass

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2015
Egerton, BL7 North Bolton, Lancashire
I don't know how petite you are but I am 5ft 3in and 57kg with a 29in inner leg length. If that describes you at all then please look at the thread "Pendleton Sommersby 2018" where I have described my current bike. There is no point in my repeating the thread but it may be of help to you since I own a step through that fits me perfectly. Good luck with finding what you want.

Ocsid

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2017
Hampshire
It may be stating the obvious, but opting for smaller wheels can reduce the step over height. My wife with an injury issue that inhibited her step over ability, opted for the 26" wheel variant of a bike offered with that and 28" wheels.