Making a new pedal assist system for Ebike

Mourad96

Just Joined
Nov 8, 2020
Hi everyone, I’m developing my new BLDC controller for Ebike and I want to share with you some of my progress, I have been working on the pedal assist system based on the cadence sensor and I tried to improve it and make a new Pedal assist system.
This new system will scale well to your input, it would measure the rate of spin and not just a simple on-off "switch" thus you can Control motor’s speed by the rate of pedaling, additionally you can adjust some parameters to feel that the ebike is responding to your pedaling effort (only in the 5th gear because I set it to be the reference in the ebike ) based only on the pedal cadence.
so basically, the motor controller will sense how fast you pedal and estimates the power needed to be delivered to the motor in order to maintain that speed.
I made a video explaining the details also you can check the results and the test ride from 9:51min, I want to know what do you think of this new system also if you have a question or any good idea to improve the ebike I would like to hear from you.
Video: