Market value of an ex rental Kalkhoff Agattu 2016/17 ?

jambonsambo

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 5, 2017
ireland

Hi there ,

What would you realistically expect to pay for a second hand Kalkhoff Agattu e-bike ex rental , regularly serviced and in good working order ? Excuse the poor picture , not sure of the year I think it is 2017 or 2016.

Thanks for any insights ,

J

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if it has a impulse motor not very much at all as all of them fail

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
It has the discredited not fit for purpose impulse motor. It’s basically worthless. Which is a shame because the rest of the bike is quite decent.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
About £100 to £150, which is what you'd get for the forks, brakes, gears and wheels if you sold them on Ebay, plus, you would probably get £100 for the battery and maybe £30 for the LCD if you could find buyers, who are becoming quite scarce.

jambonsambo

May 5, 2017
ireland
Really , the impulse motor is that bad ? What should I look for a bosch motor ? I was quoted €1500 by the way for that bike

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Really , the impulse motor is that bad ? What should I look for a bosch motor ? I was quoted €1500 by the way for that bike

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Only a fool would buy an impulse drive Kalkhoff bike today , unless of course as has been mentioned you can get it very cheap sub £200 and if it lasts a year or two it is a good deal.
Impulse bikes are tarnished and none now are worth more then what has been mentioned.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

jambonsambo

May 5, 2017
ireland
Only a fool would buy an impulse drive Kalkhoff bike today , unless of course as ahs been mentioned you can get it very cheap sub £200 and if it lasts a year or two it is a good deal.
Impulse bikes are tarnished and none now are worth more then what has been mentioned.
Thanks , I guess a bullet has been dodged , I will start a new thread on this but while I am here is there any good value budget pedelece on the market that isnt chinese junk ?

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
I think that you are mistaken about Chinese junk these days , it might have been true in the early days . The Ebikes from there are varied , decently put together and good value . I have three ranging from 2 years old up to 10 years and they have been 100 % reliable and were reasonably priced in the first place and still are when compared to their Continental Cousins . The Chinese were responsible for the popularity of Ebikes in the first place .

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
All bikes are China/Taiwan made even the likes of Bosch.
Nothing wrong with Chinese e bikes they are the world leader in production.

jambonsambo

May 5, 2017
ireland
All bikes are China/Taiwan made even the likes of Bosch.
Nothing wrong with Chinese e bikes they are the world leader in production.
Thanks , I had an experience before with some very cheap chinese e bikes that were built on frames with very very low end plastic parts and motors which failed and were impossible to find parts for , its those I want to avoid

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Thanks , I had an experience before with some very cheap chinese e bikes that were built on frames with very very low end plastic parts and motors which failed and were impossible to find parts for , its those I want to avoid
I find Chinese bikes excellent and free from the artificial electronic restrictions that many European bikes have (Only done to restrict your options for spares and to screw money out of you)
All that you need to do is go to a reputable UK seller such as Woosh bikes, they only sell quality Chinese bikes.
If there is any junk still on the market, I am sorry to say it will be bikes like this Impulse motored one you fancy.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Lots of people did in the past and that's why they've largely diappeared, replaced by much better standards. If you are really nervous, buy a reliable brand with proven staying power, someone like Woosh, Wisper, Juicy etc.

N.B. Crossed with Mike's post above.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Thanks , I guess a bullet has been dodged , I will start a new thread on this but while I am here is there any good value budget pedelece on the market that isnt chinese junk ?
Chinese bikes are actually pretty good. The cheapest ones are a bit hit and miss, but if you buy from established brands, they're likely to be more reliable than expensive bikes with crank-motors, and they'll have very much lower running costs.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

jambonsambo

May 5, 2017
ireland
Thanks for warning me off a bad investment.

What about this bike ? too low end to be worth it ? Is it an example of a good chinese bike?

also looking at this

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
Thanks for warning me off a bad investment.

What about this bike ? too low end to be worth it ? Is it an example of a good chinese bike?

also looking at this

Never heard of the specific bikes but PlanetX are a quite well known business selling some mostly pretty decent stuff often at special prices. The PlanetX bikes look good value.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The Macwheel isn't unlike the Oxygen ST step thru, the frame is fairly generic stlye used by sveral sellers, I think the NVM Moscow model is one.
The issue is CS and after sales back up and no reviews.
Also crappy cable disc brakes.

The Frappe? No doubt it is a fine bike the Shimano E6100 is quite good my brother has a E6100 bike and I haven't heard of any issues with it, he dongles his for you know what.

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
You seem to have found Ebikes that I have never come across . Be careful with Suppliers from Abroad as you may find that the Transport cost is added on . From the USA it could be hefty and there may be Import Taxes to pay . Look at the Woosh site at Southend , they have a good range at attractive prices and offer support both on here and via their Works . .

Reactions: mike killay