MiB - Commuter

walking

Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2021
Hi I am looking for my first ebike . The occasional commute to work 8 miles each way with a few hills , also leisure rides. I live near Eastleigh in Hampshire , don't want to ride the horrible , busy roads nearby , but if i drive 5-10 miles away i am in the South Downs. I have a very small car , citroen c1 so hence thinking of folder , plus the upright position.
Saw this company in another thread about the scrambler. Does anyone have any experience of this company or its bikes. Iam interested in this one.

Does anyone have one or have any opinion on it?
Thank you

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
I did the same thing. Bought a folder that will stand upright, when folded, in the back of my very small Ford KA. Some folders are almost impossible to stand upright and have to be laid down. So you have to fold down the back seats. And even then it’s quite a job getting them in and out.

Reactions: walking

walking

Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2021
Hi , thanks for your reply. I actually meant the upright riding position for comfort , but your reply is useful . What bike did you get and any review of it?

Reactions: Marwood Hill

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If the Downs are only 5 -10 miles away check local maps for quite lanes or cycle routes to them and think about cycling their as part of the ride, on a nice day make a whole day of it. I do this and sometimes I ride North/West first before riding to the Downs and can be some 35 miles from them to start with.
A more direct route I ride is approx.19 miles to get to the Downs from home and use dedicate quiet road/cycle network to get there.

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
Hi , thanks for your reply. I actually meant the upright riding position for comfort , but your reply is useful . What bike did you get and any review of it?
Check out my comments on this recent thread about folders

K-P-Nuts

Just Joined
May 3, 2021
Hi

I have an MiB Commuter and it’s great super light and has good upright position. The handlebars and seat adjust so easy to get comfy.

hope this helps

walking

Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2021
Thanks for that , i have another very similar bike on pre-order. The saddle on yours looks really comfortable , looks a good bike , glad you are enjoying it What sort of range do you get from the battery ?, I'm hoping for 25-30 miles on mine , not due until June.

K-P-Nuts

Just Joined
May 3, 2021
Your welcome the saddle is really comfy. I would say 20-25 is about right for the range , wow June is a long time to wait, I got my MiB Commuter next day!

walking

Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2021
The MIB commuter has just jumped £250 in price. The bike i've ordered , they have all the bits except the cells for the battery. If it goes beyond June i will cancel and buy a Fiido.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
The MIB commuter has just jumped £250 in price.
The grey colour is still £350 off. It's the white and black of which they had no stock (but now do) that are only £100 off.

And I wouldn't hold your breath over Fiido. They claim they now have a UK warehouse. They claim - after 4 months - to now hold UK stock for immediate despatch. They claim a 2-3 day delivery in the UK. So you gotta ask why the heck I'm still waiting 6 days later why they haven't yet actually chucked the thing onto a lorry yet.

walking

Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2021
Thanks for the clarification , i always mess up drop down menus. Sorry to hear about the wait for yours , it was going to be my 2nd choice if mine don't deliver

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
To be fair to Fiido, they are likely the first Chinese supplier to try opening a UK warehouse since Brexit. Previously stock was shipped direct from Poland - and that seemed to work well enough, as it seemed to for many Chinese manufacturers shipping product throughout Europe.

What cheeses me off is that I've been trying to order a Fiido since December last year. Even following all Fiido's rules - using only Fiido approved suppliers - it's been impossible, unless you wanted to go through an unauthorised route and pay through the nose as some have - £500 D4 e-bikes selling for £750+, £715 D11's and M1's selling for £1100+.

Now Fiido have a UK warehouse and UK stock, and you still can't get one. Notwithstanding, they initially added 20% VAT over the EU price, when they already pay VAT on stock delivered into the EU without a surcharge. They quickly changed that into an 8% UK surcharge for "Delivery"; that's plausible given the chaos in container shipping/imports/Evergreen Suez blockage etc, and trying to get stock shipped directly into the UK.

But then you finally are told you can order within the UK and find Fiido e-bikes priced in US dollars, so in addition to the 8% delivery surcharge, there's a further currency conversion rate of up to 4% extra to pay (depending on the method of payment you use). And the promised 2-3 day delivery, when 6 days later they haven't even despatched. Fiido really do need to get their act together - it's not rocket science.

Sorry this is somewhat off topic. Rant over.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
i like the bikes..
I agree. The D4S especially is both a really good e-bike, and great value at (today) £505... add 8% = £545.40, then add 4% currency conversion = £567.16. Still pretty good value for what it is if it suits your purpose.

I'm sure the delays are teething problems, but they shouldn't be making promises they can't keep - whatever the reason may be.