more electric folders

homemoz

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2007
UK
To be honest I am not sure that the motor is a Tongxin. I was responding to an earlier post by frank9755. I agree with you that the Tongxin does look brighter and smaller and I hadn't originally associated it with the motor on my bike.

Can anyone clear this one up?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Furthermore I remember that when I asked to the Nano-Motor people if it was possible to fit it on a Brompton with 24V they said me that it was not good at such voltage, but it seems that you are quite happy with the 24V Whites/Specialbikes motor on a bigger wheeled Dahon
Just a guess, but it's possibly a matter of motor speed sustained at 24 volts in the 16" Brompton wheel that prompted them to say that Leonardo, resulting in an unacceptable low road speed. As it is, and according to A to B, on 36 volts in a Brompton it only sustains about 13 mph (21 kph) once the first flush of higher battery voltage has gone. That wouldn't be a problem on the 20" wheel Dahon of course.

On the Tongxin identity, I believe they make other motors as well as the Nano. I also understand that the Nano design is, or has been, available as a geared motor which might have other differences.

Last edited:

Joe

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2008
thanks homemoz that seems reasonable on hills. i want to peddle but not sweat on the hills. some people on this forum prefer a throttle over pedal sensor but not all such bikes appear to be good to ride without throttle. your dahon sounds a way to get fit and have power for when you need it into winds or uphill.