Motor repairs

lightning

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2022
Has anyone used these people, and how did you get on?

They claim to be able to service and repair all makes of high end mid-drive motors including Shimano (which many say can't be serviced, repaired or even dismantled without permanently "bricking " them)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well if they service a shimano motor with new bearings and it goes wrong then they will be liable to replace the motor with a new one thats why peter wont service any off them.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
well if they service a shimano motor with new bearings and it goes wrong then they will be liable to replace the motor with a new one
Not so, they avoid that with this disclaimer from their web site:

WE ONLY OFFER THESE SERVICES IF YOUR E- MOTOR IS OVER TWO YEARS AND OUT OF ITS MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY

thus avoiding the warranty rules.

Peter could do the same.

• Agree
Reactions: robert44 and Woosh

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i did see that but it does not look like there work comes with any warranty at all so if they brick the motor then you are even more screwed.

id not send them my motor and would not recommend them either ;)

lightning

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2022
That's why l was asking if anyone had used them.

lt means that if the Shimano motor on my mountain bike develops any kind of fault, l need to pony up £900-1,000 for a new motor.

l did contact them asking if they could service my motor as it's done over 3,000 miles but they flatly refused to take it, as it's under two years old.

l thought this was strange at the time, but now l can see why.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
peter wont touch a motor in warranty as cant get the controllers bar Yamaha ones but fingers crossed ur motor is fine or get it replaced under warranty and sell the bloody thing and get a bike with a Yamaha motor and it will last forever repair wise as all parts available to buy.

until right to repair kicks in they will keep making these things to be non serviceable and no parts for sale :mad:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
try here and see what they say.