Moustache Samedi 28.5

D

Deleted member 33385

i could only get some 4% stuff from the from the hair dresser outlet as dont do 100% hydrogen peroxide because it is rocket fuel.

One trick with old yellowed camera lenses is to use UV light for many hours - nail salon machine might do it? Cheap on ebay...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

it is uv light that does it but it can never see the sun again!

D

Deleted member 33385

Yep, if the plastic is not UV stabilised, it'd disintegrate. Best not experiment on anything valuable, sell it right after you're done, then move house ;)

D

Deleted member 33385

Yellowing happens to some old radiactive lenses - denser lenses mean they can make them thinner and ligter. Sets off geiger counters lol.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0196.JPG

i still have my jetfire and ill never sell him ;)

Reactions: pentiumofborg

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0051_03.JPG

DSC_0045_03.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG

:p

D

Deleted member 33385

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 33385

I also wear a flashing vest that I used to wear when leading horses out dark mornings.
Those two drivers who pulled out at me from the sides night before last, until they stopped after they saw the light cone cast by my headlight beam (5W Junstar with lens), might have seen me much sooner if part of my daylow outfit was brightly illuminated. I might add another 18650 torch to my handbar, set it to shine on me while flashing. Or I could get one or two of these:

I'll film my dayglow suit being flashed by a handlebar torch from the front, to see if it's worth doing regularly on the road... Hope it doesn't give me an epileptic fit.

They are locked away at home so can’t see what else we can do.

Hulking great D/U locks are much tougher. At home, you've got added security through close proximity. Bike mounted movement sensor alarm?

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

D

Deleted member 33385

WTF? I thought they were a tenner each or something! I'm on my way to your Death Star right now with a bunch of Mandalorians!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
D

Deleted member 33385

not my thing but unless you get a pre order the price sky rockets

The closest I ever got to stuff like that was making airfix models from kits - bloody fiddly and it's very very hard and time consuming to make them look good. None ever flew.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

there not worth much if you brake them tho but a pretty good investment to sit on a shelf if you get the right ones.

D

Deleted member 33385

there not worth much if you brake them tho but a pretty good investment to sit on a shelf if you get the right ones.

You shouldn't use LED lights at home then - museums have noticed paintings fading because they had switched to LEDs - too much high energy blue in all LEDs (they're all blue anyway without the coatings/filters, even the yellow, green and red ones).

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the plastic they use these days it is not a problem as most of them are covered in paint anyway but chipping the paint is easy when transforming them so have to be super carful.

D

Deleted member 33385

fd
the plastic they use these days it is not a problem as most of them are covered in paint anyway but chipping the paint is easy when transforming them so have to be super carful.

I'm surprised that you handle them at all. Comic collectors seal everything in plastic and keep them in darkness. Paints will fade in LED light over time. You could get UV blocking sheet, it's pretty cheap on ebay - just use the car window UV blocking film between the lights and where you have them on display?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015