My Cargo bike build.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I measured my 650b as 2125mm circumferenec so have used this for tyre input size
The distance travelled matches that of my road rat bike with g370 hub and kt control.

I haven't checked the display setting so will have to read up how to check it, the only down side I find with the tsdz is the manual and button pressing to get into the various settings, it is to me is over complicated.

I don't need the assisted speed of over 15mph as once at this speed I can ride with no power and like yesterday on the road was able to hit 22mph unasssited.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A couple of thoughts from me.
Having owned a bbs02 and now the tsdz, the tsdz has a better ride feel input due to the TS input. Although probalamtic so it has been said, one can see why it has it's core band of users on ES and elsewhere in the world.
The ride input is far better imv

Imv even the KT current control system I use on the hub bikes is better then the BBS 01.

The extra bearings on the both sides are a positive cheap addition so no reason not to improve the latteral play. The snapping as noted by some is due to no support after the point where the circlip sits in the goove on the shaft, so an additional bearings will help.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The extra bearings on the both sides are a positive cheap addition so no reason not to improve the latteral play. The snapping as noted by some is due to no support after the point where the circlip sits in the goove on the shaft, so an additional bearings will help.
Your hauling of heavy weight is a good test for your solution for that reported problem, I hate the thought of "Snap Anxiety".

There's got to be some combination of settings in the firmware which suits your uses well enough to be satisfactory. It took about three firmware fenagling sessions with my BBS01B, before it's present near-perfect state (for my needs). Fiddling about with firmware is deffo worth persevering with.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Not overly enthused with the Tektro's on the bike so an
upgrade to the brakes is on the way, going to replace them with Shimano's which I have no issue with. The front will be a four pot 4 pot upgrade and the rear simply replaced with a two pot calliper I have on the front of the Road rat .
New hoses will be needed as Tektro's aren't compatible and will upgrade to bh 90's.
Rear brake can remain as a two pot as it physically doesn't offer much to the overall braking , fully loaded towing a heavy laden trailer one should feel more confidence with the braking.

Last edited:

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Not overly enthused with the Tektro's on the bike so an
upgrade to the brakes is on the way, going to replace them with Shimano's which I have no issue with. The front will be a four pot 4 pot upgrade and the rear simply replaced with a two pot calliper I have on the front of the Road rat .
New hoses will be needed as Tektro's aren't compatible and will upgrade to bh 90's.
Rear brake can remain as a two pot as it physically doesn't offer much to the overall braking , fully loaded towing a heavy laden trailer one should feel more confidence with the braking.
I haven't re-read the whole thread, but I guess you have already upgraded to a 180mm front disc rotor (and caliper spacer) ? Very cheap upgrade for better braking power if not

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes have a 180 front set up , the four pot will just give better braking with 100kg pushing from behind.
The pre-bled new brake arrived today not bad for £45 , a BL M6100 lever & BR M6120 caliper.
I could go further and put the rear 180 rotor set up on the Boardman on the Ute for the rear two pot.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
New brake fitted and the sxtra braking power is quite noticeable, had to buy a matching lever for the opp side . The shimano 2 or 4 pot calipers and all levers are 100% interchangable so one doesn't have to use the I -spec levers.

Related Articles

Advertisers