My Cargo bike build.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Back in March it wouldn't have been the latest released commit so likely 1.20.1C.1.
I wish "Simon" had mentioned which version he flashed - were there experimental builds then? I suppose worst case scenario would be the purchase of a new controller? Then perhaps stock firmware, if the new controller can't be flashed with the OSF?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Back in March it wouldn't have been the latest released commit so likely 1.20.1C.1.
Or perhaps he was flashed one of those new controller which are not compatible with the OSF?

Hope it all goes well, whenever it is that you choose to flash your TSDZ2 with whatever firmware you've decided upon.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
FLASH!!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!! ;)

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
F E E L T H E F E A R

D O I T A N Y W A Y

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Neal,
  • Isn't v20.1c.2 still in pre-relaes/beta? 1c.1 has been around for some time and thus tried and tested.
  • Each to their own of course but if I were on my first build, I'd not be brave enough to try a pre-release version 'cos if something didn't go as planned I'd wonder if it were me/my motor rather than a potential firmware issue

@Nealh, Bike4two is using 1c.1?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
C2 being withdrawn after being released, doesn't inspire my confidence, especially as the developer has now abandoned further development/fixes. The damn thing should have been checked to death before release IMHO. It suggests poor QC. But each to their own. I'm not suggesting you use any version in particular.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
rip the controller out of it and use another one ;)

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Having a spare controller to hand, does give me confidence to tinker with the one on the bike. If I kill another controller through another soldering accident, it'll feel less stressful because I won't have to wait weeks for a replacement to arrive, before my bike's working again.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
If hackable TSDZ2 controllers are becoming rare, maybe buy a few so you can sell them for a profit ina year or three?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I might plant some bee friendly green manure this year to help bees out - something which doesn't grow too high... not sure what yet. They can't grow higher than pumpkin plants.

maybe this:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
How tall for pumps ?
For Green manure, have a look at two excellant plants are Phacelia tanacetifolia & Borage. If let to set seed then turned back in to the soil it will reappear year after year, they are very shallow rooted near surface rooted.
Pulmonaria aka Lungwort isn't a Green manure plant but is an excellant one for the Hairy Footed Flower bee from early spring. It is a clumpy expanding plant that can take over a bit, it is easy to remove and split and is extremely hardy. A good plant to have in an unwanted area or border area of a wild garden.

Last edited:
  • Informative

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
How tall for pumps ?
For Green manure, have a look at two excellant plants are Phacelia tanacetifolia & Borage. If let to set seed then turned back in to the soil it will reappear year after year, they are very shallow rooted near surface rooted.
Pulmonaria aka Lungwort isn't a Green manure plant but is an excellant one for the Hairy Footed Flower bee from early spring. It is a clumpy expanding plant that can take over a bit, it is easy to remove and split and is extremely hardy. A good plant to have in an unwanted area or border area of a wild garden.
No plant is too tall for pumpkins, they climb up anything like runner beans, can be grown vertically... but less than 1 ft, about 6 inch is ideal. They like to anchor themselves to other plants. If there is too much foliage around the pumpkins themselves, that could soften pumpkin exteriors through humidity, which could lead to slugs deflating them :( after they eat through what's normally a hard skin. I'll have to experiment. Thanks for your suggestions, I'll look into them and buy a variety of seeds. I was going to go with white mustard throughout because it's fast and cheap, and fenugreek (which unlike mustard isn't nitrogen fixing, but is also edible like mustard) but a good variety would be better. After the main crop season, overwintering with trefoil sounds wise, at the very least.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I'm off to wallstreetbets, trying to turn £100 into a million...

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
How tall for pumps ?
I've got a couple of raised beds 1.5m X 1m, which are in the dark thanks to a large hedge - time toaxe that away... might be better to keep most wild plants contained. I'll probably just buy 1kg of wildflower seeds for those beds, plus other contained patches, rather than let wild flowers grow wild:

Contains these, and why do they include sand anyway? 20:1 sounds a tad high. Bloody well hope there's no giant knotweed...

True English lavender HP
Dianthus mixed HP
Oxeye daisy HP
Nemophilia HA
Corn Marigold HA
Dahlia Mixed HHP
Cosmos HA
Virginia Stock HA
Sweet william messenger mix HP
Alyssum carpet of snow HHA
Sweet Rocket HP
Victoria cross HA
Field poppy HA
Flax HP
Gypsophila HA
Californian poppy HA
Blue lupin HA
Mixed Cosmos HA
Jalapa-MirabIlis P/A
Godetia HA
Nigella HA
Soapwort HP
Birdsfoot Trefoil HA
Cornflower HA
Dwarf Sunflower HHA
Purple Coneflower HP

The sand to seed ratio is 20;1

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
@Nealh Have you flashed it yet? At worst you'll need a new controller - there seem to be replacements available, and replacements may even be OSF flashable. If whatever you flash it with is merely glitchy, you could put the original firmware back on or try another version?

Mind you, a firmware flash could kill all kinds of things... Flasher beware and all that...

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Now I have the downlaods working I need to get on with the motor and mechanical mods. Once done I will probably start a new thread as it will all get lost in this one.
Yes I have flashed the new firmware and the stvp shows the characters have changed so looks hopefully all good obviously I can't test it unitl it's fitted to the bike. Wlak assist works still.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Now I have the downlaods working I need to get on with the motor and mechanical mods. Once done I will probably start a new thread as it will all get lost in this one.
Yes I have flashed the new firmware and the stvp shows the characters have changed so looks hopefully all good obviously I can't test it unitl it's fitted to the bike. Wlak assist works still.
If you haven't done so already: Given that your old laptop is not in ideal condition, it's even more important to back up your controller's original firmware. If you compress the files as .zip or .rar files, you'll know if there are errors on your backup media (cd/dvd etc.) because they won't decompress properly and wil present an error while unpacking. Winrar will do a CRC check while unpacking the .rar file, to check for data corruption. Winrar is "Trialware" but is fully functional, just has a nag screen whenever you start it up.

Or you can make .zip files in Windows 10:

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Hope the build is going well - I have no idea about what's involved, although I'm disappointed you won't be using the very strange and exotic sounding ferrofluid. It's handy that motor temps will be visible on the display, stops ankles getting unnecessarily singed/lightly roasted while towing heavier cargo?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Amendment to post #390.
It concerns the text regarding confirming the JAVA has downloaded correctly and I have underlined the edited part.
Beg pardon for the incorrect entry.

2. The most important bit Download Java jre and check it is loaded and running on your pc. Download from Download Java for Windows
Simply down load it and all the other Downloads when it comes to it, in to your PC's Download folder. From the Download folder copy it to C:, once done open & install it to your pc.
To check it is installed correctly use the magnifying glass/search box, located bottom lhs of the screen. Type in Cmd and then simply open the Command Prompt app, a new Black box will open. In the box a curser flashes next to your C:\ user name. Simply type java after your name and then press the enter key on the rhs of the querty board, if all is well then a pleatherer of text will start printing. Once this has finished press the enter key again for your user name and cursor to flash again, type java -version ( after java there is a space then the dash line) and it should confirm the version.
Once this is done close the Cmd Prompt box.

Reactions: Bikes4two

Related Articles

Advertisers