My motor is pulsing but won't keep engaged.

Munks

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 13, 2021
Hey peeps!

I have this Ebco UCL20 (Black), and I have had to change the motor. I have one rear wheel geared motor attached to my Ibex Byocycle (White) and a 36v 250w front hub motors. ( BAFANG - FM G020 250 D09 )

However when I attach the front wheel to my Ebco, it pulses once to initiate rotation, but competely cuts out until the wheel almost stops, then pulses again, sustaining a spin, but no other power. Strange thing is, if I attach the ebco to the rear wheel on the Ibex, it works fine!?

Any thoughts?

Many thanks

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Is the motor connector fully pushed together to the marked raised line on the hub side of the connector ?
Otherwise it may be a wire sequence issue, if it uses motor halls then there are 36 combo's and only a handful will work.

Munks

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 13, 2021
Is the motor connector fully pushed together to the marked raised line on the hub side of the connector ?
Otherwise it may be a wire sequence issue, if it uses motor halls then there are 36 combo's and only a handful will work.
Thanks Neal

Yeah fully connected, I think 1 front motor is faulty, as won't work with either bike systems now... so leaves me with one front and one rear motor.

Both work fine with the Ibex system, but only the rear motor works with the UCL. So confusing! xD