My new top speed.

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
I tried to make the 50mph club but failed. I did however, achieve a new top speed on the Typhoon. I guess I need a steeper hill.

IMG_0132.JPG

Reactions: EddiePJ and tillson

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
Do hope yer helmet, elbow and knee pads are up to scratch going that speed :eek:
BTW, yer Mum asked me to post this :p
No knee or elbow pads but I do wear a helmet. My mother had 3 sons and a daughter, she bought each of us sons motorbikes when we were teenagers. ;)

She never bought my sister one though, she got a car. hmm

D

Deleted member 4366

Try riding it off Beachy Head. It should promote you to the very select 100 mph club. Use a good GPS to record the max speed.

Reactions: Jimod and EddiePJ

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
KD, if I'm able to get 41.7mph on 26" wheels running knobbly Pannaracer Fire XC off road tyres on the BH, then the difference doesn't appear to be that that great.

I might have to lock out the front forks, swap out to the Michelin XC Roads in 26" x 1.40 that are hanging up on the wall, and give the road speed another try. :)

Last edited:

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
I was on my single speed again tonight and going around wandsworth a bit I had to slow down with all the slow cars in the way lol

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
I often went over 50mph on 16" wheels, but it was a recumbent trike.
Wheels size isnt everything :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Almost 50 mph on 700c wheels for me, but low recumbent trikes with 20" wheels can reach over 70 mph downhill.

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
Wow,
Jim,does the lower rolling resistance of 29" wheels make it easier to achieve these high speeds?
KudosDave
I think I could achieve that speed on the Tourer but the Typhoon feels smoother because of the suspension and big wide tyres, so it encourages you to go for it. I've been out working overtime today and will be again tomorrow so haven't had a chance to beat it.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
.......... Nope, you've lost me there flecc o_O
Adding your speed to the surface speed of the earth's rotation in the UK.

Speed not being fixed but dependent on the viewpoint, Einstein's Theory of Special Relativity.

As Mike observed, cycling against the earth's rotation direction would leave your net speed at about 590 mph.