Nano kits - the web site doesn't seem to be interested

rosjen

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2008
Anybody else tried to contact these people? The website is awful for information unless you ride a fold-up. You can't get a reply from them - this is madness in a pre-ebike revolution. Are ebikers soooo far and few between in the UK that we have these supply problems? A company supplying good kits at a good price would clean up in this dry market wouldn't they?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
A well known problem rosjen. This is a one man business buried by demand for the Brompton Nano and seemingly not coping. Of course he should hire staff and expand, but on the facts I'm afraid he's more of an enthusiast than a businessman.

With others about to bring in the Nano shortly it hopefully won't be a problem for too much longer.

JohnofCambridge

Pedelecer
Aug 21, 2007
Stapleford, Cambridge
Hi Rosjen

Try Electric Bike Sales - Home They also trade as the Electric Transport shop. They sell/fit kits and can convert a Brompton - the Brompton Sparticle. I had a brief look at their development model - seems better engineered and they have distributed the weight more evenly. The price is not cheap, so you pay for the quality of fitting to a top range folder. You may have to wait for them to fully launch the model - it is pretty well there though and they have an active webpage on their kits.

They can also put the kit on any other bicycle provided the forks are wide enough. The guys there are very knowledgeable about all aspects of electric biking and, in my opinion, an evolutionary supplier to watch.

John

Matt

Pedelecer
Apr 11, 2008
I sent them a couple of emails in the spring asking about the higher speed motor but, didn't get a reply:(

Probably best to look elsewhere as backup might be a problem.

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
I tried to contact them when I wanted to buy my Tongxin motor last year. I couldn't get through at the time, but have had some communication since.

It is true that Tony Castles is hard to get hold of but I think there are some other issues too, connected with (first) reliability of Tongxin controllers and (now) availability of supply.

I had a message from Tony (a PM on this site) a few months ago saying that controllers were now more reliable (and the Cytronex experience supports this). The AtoB site now says in its review that there are supply problems - perhaps not surprising given the big corporate deals Tongxin has pulled off.

As Flecc says, I'd look elsewhere for a Tongxin (Tony's 'Nano' kit is just a Tongxin - as far as i know there's nothing else added to it, apart from a battery). There are other potential suppliers - firstly John on this site who is expecting them soon. Also, if he runs out, I think the Austrian supplier, specialbikes.at, has had them in the past and may do now.