Neat looking controller at TBK.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I noticed this neat little 30mm dia tube controller also a Kt rated at 12a and dual voltage.

It is a candidate for a seat tube conversion to hide it in or a modified seat tube with lower rear access for the wiring, alternately shrink it in heat shrink and it could be placed neatly anywhere almost out of sight.

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I noticed this neat little 30mm dia tube controller also a Kt rated at 12a and dual voltage.

It is a candidate for a seat tube conversion to hide it in or a modified seat tube with lower rear access for the wiring, alternately shrink it in heat shrink and it could be placed neatly anywhere almost out of sight.
Those are tiny! Small and light enough to shrink wrap neatly to a chainstay. It's component board might even fit inside a large battery case with a battery.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I didn't notice them when I ordered the G370 for the Roadrat otherwise I would have sorely been tempted to buy one. A much neater solution then the box controller.
1.56a on PAS 1 and 2.4a on Pas2 great for battery range/economy.

I get about 2.5a in PAS 1 with 9 fet controller at 19a setting.

Reactions: guerney

carlbikekits

Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2022
How might this be secured within a frame? I can see where it may sit but how to stop it rattling?

Presume an exit hole would be needed to be engineered?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
How might this be secured within a frame? I can see where it may sit but how to stop it rattling?

It has relatively low current, so would be a bit under-powered if you want to use it at 36v. It's probably a good choice for a folding bike that has a seat tube that's open at the bottom, but other than that, I can't see any advantage, only disadvantages compared with a conventional controller. Maybe good if you're trying to build an ultimate stealth electric bike so that you can take it on the train or park it in an appartment building.

What's the reason that you find it appealing?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
yes and it's not easy.
I use a similar form factor controller by Lishui in the Woosh Faro.
The controller is inserted from the top of the top tube.
I use a curtain string to guide the cables through the hole at the bottom of the tube.
When everything is wired up, I add a small bung at the top to keep the controller in place.