Need a bit of help

suggy

Pedelecer
Oct 21, 2019
Just got my motor yes it is the 250 watt lol. I have removed the bottom bracket on my carrera crossfire 2 and attempted to put on the motor but it fouls on the bracket that holds the rear gear shift in the picture were the silver cable is this attaches to the bottom bracket.32656

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Take the cable off and get a new one with an outer. You can then run the new cable wherever you want around the motor. If You want, you can just add a bit of outer between the two stops either side of the motor, but if the cable takes a longer route, you'll need a new inner.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
need a new tyre as well o_O

suggy

Pedelecer
Oct 21, 2019
Also my brake levers are built into the gear shifters so looks like i will need a seperate gear shifter any reccomendations

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Also my brake levers are built into the gear shifters so looks like i will need a seperate gear shifter any reccomendations
You can get things to plug onto combined brakes to add an electric switch. They are often sold as for hydraulic brake levers, but work on hybrid (or regular) ones too. Woosh has got them for £23 (http://wooshbikes.co.uk/cart/#/product/uid-196-hdbs-red/pair-of-hydraulic-brake-sensors-for-hub-kits) and I'm sure you can get them for less. Or make your own.

p.s. or if you have a pair of brake levers with switch from the kit you may be able to extract the switch and reuse; probably very fiddly.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the brake sensor has only a 2 wire simple switch. There is no simple way to replace it with an inline brake sensor.
The TSDZ2 does not need brake sensors if you don't install the throttle.

suggy

Pedelecer
Oct 21, 2019
the brake sensor has only a 2 wire simple switch. There is no simple way to replace it with an inline brake sensor.
The TSDZ2 does not need brake sensors if you don't install the throttle.
So which is the best solution if i want put the throttle on and put on the brake levers for the kit

suggy

Pedelecer
Oct 21, 2019

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
which version of the TSDZ2 did you buy? you can't retrofit the throttle.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
with or without throttle?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the simplest solution for the moment is to remove the left combined gear and brake levers, install the supplied lefg brake lever in its place. You don't need to install both brake levers but replacing the right hand side gear shifter with a separate one is the easiest solution for the right hand lever.
I'll look around for an inline solution later for you.
just a recommendation, test the bike first without plugging in the throttle. Also make sure that the air gap between the speed sensor and the speed sensor head is about 10mm. Too near, it will cause false speed reading.

Last edited:

suggy

Pedelecer
Oct 21, 2019
the simplest solution for the moment is to remove the left combined gear and brake levers, install the supplied lefg brake lever in its place. You don't need to install both brake levers but replacing the right hand side gear shifter with a separate one is the easiest solution for the right hand lever.
I'll look around for an inline solution later for you.
just a recommendation, test the bike first without plugging in the throttle. Also make sure that the air gap between the speed sensor and the speed sensor head is about 10mm. Too near, it will cause false speed reading.
Thanks for the advice cheers