need help programming my Bafang BBS01b

whiteturbo

Pedelecer
Jul 22, 2016
Bristol UK
I have been trying to get my mid drive programmed how i want it, I have the lead etc and have been playing with it for weeks now without getting what i want.I have read up on it till my brain has curdled and turned to porridge and still i cant work it out. So what do i want you say? well i want 0 to do nothing(thats fine) I want 1 to give me a small boost(lets say 10%) whatever my cadence is, I want 3 to give 25%, and 5 to give me 50%, 7 to give 75% and 9 to give 100%. Now all of those are i think set at limit current % but i cant get it so whatever speed i pedal at the engine is working all the time, i presume its set at the limit speed % setting but that cant be right because at no settings can i have the assist on all the time. I have tried from 10% to 100% and none of them are constant, yes 100% is stronger than 90% or 80% as it should be but the motor seems to cut in and out only over a small cadence range. Yes i will get used to it, but i want to control it, not it control me, which is what it seems to be doing at the moment. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love my BBS01 and it has revolutionized my cycling but i want more lol.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
You should try changing the 'Keep Current' to 100%, otherwise all other settings will be compromised if that is set any lower.

whiteturbo

Pedelecer
Jul 22, 2016
Bristol UK
@whiteturbo

Did you get yer bike programmed the way you like it in the end?
Yes Thanks, it was me expecting something different to how the BBS01 actually works when i first got it. I was disappointed at first but with the programming lead and me understanding what was happening i have adapted to it and i was pleased enough to buy a second one for my other bike. Err i have also now got a Tongsheng TSDZ2(350w) which is another kettle of fish altogether.

Reactions: Fordulike