Need help with a voilamart controller 48v 1000w

Abzy

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2021
Is that your own bike or just a picture from the internet. if it's not yours, please post an actual photo of your bike if you want suitable advice. Also, we need to know how many gears you have at the back wheel.
It's mines its a 21 speed 3x7

Abzy

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2021
Is that your own bike or just a picture from the internet. if it's not yours, please post an actual photo of your bike if you want suitable advice. Also, we need to know how many gears you have at the back wheel.
What hub would be good for this bike rear or front ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
We will need to know if it is a freeewheel of freehub so a close up pic of the gears might help.
Front hub on ali sus forks tend not to mix very well , the drops will eventually crack/snap even with torque arms the risk is still there.
Rear hub will be better with a down tube battery.
63kg is good one can get away with a lighter weight hub.

Abzy

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2021
We will need to know if it is a freeewheel of freehub so a close up pic of the gears might help.
Front hub on ali sus forks tend not to mix very well , the drops will eventually crack/snap even with torque arms the risk is still there.
Rear hub will be better with a down tube battery.
63kg is good one can get away with a lighter weight hub.
It's a index freewheel

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
7 gears at the back means that you can use a normal freewheel motor, which is a bit cheaper than the cassette version. You'll need to factor in the cost of a DNP 11/28 freewheel because yours will probably be too low in top gear when you have the electric motor helping you. Count the teeth on top gear. 14T is normal. You need 11T or 12T.

Reactions: quackstar84

Abzy

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2021
7 gears at the back means that you can use a normal freewheel motor, which is a bit cheaper than the cassette version. You'll need to factor in the cost of a DNP 11/28 freewheel because yours will probably be too low in top gear when you have the electric motor helping you. Count the teeth on top gear. 14T is normal. You need 11T or 12T.
14-28T
20210416_112036.jpg

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Abzy

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2021

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Hi should I buy this?it seems very good and price is excellent also is there anyway I can use a twist throttle instead of a thumb throttle?
A thumb throttle is much better on a bicycle. You'll be using the pedal sensor most of the time anyway.

Abzy

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2021
A thumb throttle is much better on a bicycle. You'll be using the pedal sensor most of the time anyway.
Oh okay also for example the charge goes out and I can't recharge would I still be able to ride it without any problem or would I need to ride harder to reach my destination and how long would It take to charge the battery

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Oh okay also for example the charge goes out and I can't recharge would I still be able to ride it without any problem or would I need to ride harder to reach my destination and how long would It take to charge the battery
Yes, it'll be no different to riding with a rucksack that has 7kg in it. You can try that now to see what it's like.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Mxus rand are very reliable as are most hubs, the KT controller kit is also excellent. I didn't look to close at the lcd choice, if lcd3 is offered then that is the one to get or if you like minimal the lcd4. The controller gives you five PAS assist levels, PAS 1 gives you a frugal 13% power and is the one I use mainly to eke out battery range. PAS 2 gives 20% power, 3 gives 33%, 4 is 50% and 5 is 100% as is the throttle.

The hubs are ridable you have to get used to the large central mass being rotated, using low gears and then going thru the gears to build up speed they aren't to bad. They are harder unpowered on inclines.

The voilamart kit you ordered will be dead in the water without power.

Abzy

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2021
Mxus rand are very reliable as are most hubs, the KT controller kit is also excellent. I didn't look to close at the lcd choice, if lcd3 is offered then that is the one to get or if you like minimal the lcd4. The controller gives you five PAS assist levels, PAS 1 gives you a frugal 13% power and is the one I use mainly to eke out battery range. PAS 2 gives 20% power, 3 gives 33%, 4 is 50% and 5 is 100% as is the throttle.

The hubs are ridable you have to get used to the large central mass being rotated, using low gears and then going thru the gears to build up speed they aren't to bad. They are harder unpowered on inclines.

The voilamart kit you ordered will be dead in the water without power.
ackage include:

1.Hand built double walled rim complete with 13G spokes

2.KT 36V 250W 6Mosfets 15A Brushless DC Sine Wave Controller

3.LCD: KT-LCD53.LCD: KT-LCD5(this controller is compatible with KT-LCD3 KT-LCD8S KT-LCD8H KT-Series LCD display)

4.Wuxing Brand Throttle(this controller is compatible with bafang mid motor)

5.Wuxing Brand Brake Lever(this controller is compatible with bafang mid motor hydraudic brake sensor or brake sensor)

6.PAS: Dual Hall Sensor

7.Wuxing Brand LED light

8. 1 to 5 cable

9. 1.2M motor cable

10.1 pcs 36V 12.5AH Hairon Pro the interior battery 18650 ebike battery pack,controller inside

11.1 pcs 2A charger

Also how long would a 2A Charger takes to charge a battery?

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
ackage include:

1.Hand built double walled rim complete with 13G spokes

2.KT 36V 250W 6Mosfets 15A Brushless DC Sine Wave Controller

3.LCD: KT-LCD53.LCD: KT-LCD5(this controller is compatible with KT-LCD3 KT-LCD8S KT-LCD8H KT-Series LCD display)

4.Wuxing Brand Throttle(this controller is compatible with bafang mid motor)

5.Wuxing Brand Brake Lever(this controller is compatible with bafang mid motor hydraudic brake sensor or brake sensor)

6.PAS: Dual Hall Sensor

7.Wuxing Brand LED light

8. 1 to 5 cable

9. 1.2M motor cable

10.1 pcs 36V 12.5AH Hairon Pro the interior battery 18650 ebike battery pack,controller inside

11.1 pcs 2A charger

Also how long would a 2A Charger takes to charge a battery?
Around 6 hours if the battery was pretty much empty (12.5AH / 2A = 6.25H)
It may slow down charge as it gets near full, so a little more; but the battery won't usually be quite empty so a little less. (If in doubt, add the length of a piece of string in perches).

Abzy

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2021
It may slow down charge as it gets near full, so a little more; but the battery won't usually be quite empty so a little less. (If in doubt, add the length of a piece of string in perches).
Thanks

Abzy

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2021
Also is there a eco mode to save power and roughly how many miles can I do before I need to recharge?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Also is there a eco mode to save power and roughly how many miles can I do before I need to recharge?
I gave the answer in #53 and other facts.
PAS 1 gives 13% power as low as any eco mode will give, for true eco use PAS 0.

Mileage wise the battery is 12.5ah x 36v so 450wh, a regular fit average rider should be able to manage around 10 - 12 wh per mile in PAS 1 on level terrain. 35 -45 miles should be possible. That can be extended s one uses PAS 0 down hill to freewheel or on very level terrain eps with any wind at your back.

KT are by far one of the best electronics one can fit to a bike for < £100.

Last edited:

Abzy

Pedelecer
Mar 16, 2021
I gave the answer in #53 and other facts.
PAS 1 gives 13% power as low as any eco mode will give, for true eco use PAS 0.

Mileage wise the battery is 12.5ah x 36v so 450wh, a regular fit average rider should be able to manage around 10 - 12 wh per mile in PAS 1 on level terrain. 35 -45 miles should be possible. That can be extended s one uses PAS 0 down hill to freewheel or on very level terrain eps with any wind at your back.

KT are by far one of the best electronics one can fit to a bike for < £100.
Thanks I will make the purchase today

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Good luck with purchase. As mentioned above, range depends vastly not only on level of assist, but environment like hills, road surface, bike type (and tyre pressure), speed, wind, etc etc

To get an idea of what to expect play with https://www.bosch-ebike.com/en/service/range-assistant/. That is for Bosch but pretty much right for most decent motors, just interpret 'eco' etc mode and allow for battery size. You'll see you can easily get values of over 100 miles from a 400wh battery with perfect parameters, but add a little realism and it easily drops to not much over 30 even with careful riding. Press it hard and it will drop to 25 miles or less. That level of variation reasonably realistically reflects what happens in real life.