New 8FUN BIKE (Sunlova) model

Iffy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 2, 2011
Wellingborough, Northants
I have just noticed that the replacement for the Sunlova E-8F26M03S MTB is available to pre-order on ebay.

8FUN BIKE 26M03S

There appears to be two main differences between the old model and the new. Water bottle battery instead of little frog reduced from 10ah to 9ah and a 18" frame instead of 21".

Make that three main differences the new model is more expensive than the old.

The delivery indication is that these bikes will ship soon after 7th May.

Caph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 29, 2008
Nottingham, UK
It's nice to see sub £700 bikes coming back and with such a great motor too. Is it just me or does the steerer tube look tiny compared to the rest of the bike?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Is it just me or does the steerer tube look tiny compared to the rest of the bike?
A lot of suspension bikes are like this now, but of course the suspension does greatly reduce the impact stresses that rigid fork bikes suffer.

D

Deleted member 4366

It looks like they've got the new 8FUN (Bafang) kit fitted to it, which means that they've got rid of the old horrible optical pedal sensor. This bike looks to me like a really good choice if you don't want to pay thousands. All the bits are cheaply available if you need any spares.

Iffy: The last battery was 9aH despite what was written in any blurb, so no change there.

Regarding the price: That's the Ebay price. If you go to their warehouse in Birmingham with cash, there's no shipping cost, no Paypal fees and no Ebay fees, so You should be able to negotiate a good discount.

roadster

Pedelecer
Apr 26, 2011
It looks like they've got the new 8FUN (Bafang) kit fitted to it, which means that they've got rid of the old horrible optical pedal sensor. This bike looks to me like a really good choice if you don't want to pay thousands. All the bits are cheaply available if you need any spares.

Regarding the price: That's the Ebay price. If you go to their warehouse in Birmingham with cash, there's no shipping cost, no Paypal fees and no Ebay fees, so You should be able to negotiate a good discount.
Hi d8veh - Been doing a lot of reading over the last few weeks - pasting through Birmingham next few days what do you think would be a good discount for cash on collection for this bike.. thanks

Abs_N

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2009
Address

Hi d8veh - Been doing a lot of reading over the last few weeks - pasting through Birmingham next few days what do you think would be a good discount for cash on collection for this bike.. thanks

Whearabouts in Birmingham are they located?

D

Deleted member 4366

When I bought mine (the old one) the Ebay price was £560. I paid £520, but I'm not good at bargaining. I would guess that 5% should be a reasonable discount compared wth Paypal and Ebay fees. Any morre and you've done well. They're good bikes. I'm sure you'll be pleased with it. Their after sales support is very good too.

Theyre in Ledsam Street, which I think is West Bromwich. It's not easy to see because there is only a doorway with an iron grill accross it. Inside, the warehouse is huge.

roadster

Pedelecer
Apr 26, 2011
d8veh - thanks for prompt reply, will pop in and let you know how i get on... Thanks again

bert11

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2011
southwest England
do they have a website? I'd be interested in a kit using the bottle battery

celedep

Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2011
North London
Thats an interesting price, although has anybody actually been to Birmingham to check out the warehouse. I would be interested because I googled the postcode from ebay and it looks like a block of flats on a housing estate. Which is worrying...

D

Deleted member 4366

Thats an interesting price, although has anybody actually been to Birmingham to check out the warehouse. I would be interested because I googled the postcode from ebay and it looks like a block of flats on a housing estate. Which is worrying...
A few of us have been there. They're a proper business and have been going for some time. They're mainly mail order and sell a lot on Ebay as well as directly from their own website. You can buy nearly all thie range today on Ebay - just do a search on 8Fun. Their warehouse is at the end of Ledsam Street where it joins Ladywood Middleway. If you use Bing maps aerial view you can see it: second doorway from the end; park on that little triangle.