New and with a PAS problem!

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
Reactions: Edwardbooze

Edwardbooze

Pedelecer
Sep 16, 2020
Email them and ask for the user manuals (info@rksmotor.eu)
Will do that now! Many thanks!
No.

Which of the things I suggested did you check?
Hi, sorry I missed replying sooner. I only checked the cable connectors to see if they were tight. Also, I did see in fact, that my 36v were registered on the display. I'm not sure if it's only a matter of screening through the 20 pages (for lack of a better word) and then making sure my final selections are locked in, in order to keep that level 8 error from blinking again once I am finished. For instance, I scrolled through the screens using the middle button to make sure the settings were correct (I looked at someone else's page of settings for that) and everything I changed stayed where I chose them. But, I didn't run through the entire 3 levels by using the up/down key, so the blinking error 8 came on again. I got frustrated and just felt that running through the three levels wouldn't get rid of that blinking, so I stopped trying to scroll through all the levels. But what do you think?

The other more technical things you told me to try - I don't have the equipment to examine them, and am afraid I don't have the expertise to go into them. I'm really just starting out, and afraid I might make matters worse than they are.

Edwardbooze

Pedelecer
Sep 16, 2020
Will do that now! Many thanks!
Hi, sorry I missed replying sooner. I only checked the cable connectors to see if they were tight. Also, I did see in fact, that my 36v were registered on the display. I'm not sure if it's only a matter of screening through the 20 pages (for lack of a better word) and then making sure my final selections are locked in, in order to keep that level 8 error from blinking again once I am finished. For instance, I scrolled through the screens using the middle button to make sure the settings were correct (I looked at someone else's page of settings for that) and everything I changed stayed where I chose them. But, I didn't run through the entire 3 levels by using the up/down key, so the blinking error 8 came on again. I got frustrated and just felt that running through the three levels wouldn't get rid of that blinking, so I stopped trying to scroll through all the levels. But what do you think?

The other more technical things you told me to try - I don't have the equipment to examine them, and am afraid I don't have the expertise to go into them. I'm really just starting out, and afraid I might make matters worse than they are.
So, to answer your question, I did a little of what you told me to do, but was afraid that I was going to make things worse, and the other things to check just scared the hell out of me because I don't have the equipment/ or I might shock myself electrically trying. Sorry for my wimpiness, Montypas

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I only checked the cable connectors to see if they were tight.
Read my post above again. I told you that that's not enough.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to solve your problem without testing unless the cause is the motor connector not in far enough. You must either get a meter or take your bike to an electric bike shop that knows how to fix it.

Edwardbooze

Pedelecer
Sep 16, 2020
Read my post above again. I told you that that's not enough.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to solve your problem without testing unless the cause is the motor connector not in far enough. You must either get a meter or take your bike to an electric bike shop that knows how to fix it.
Okay, well I don't know which way is easier or better or cheaper.
Yes, I know that I must read your post again. Okay thanks

Edwardbooze

Pedelecer
Sep 16, 2020
Hello (Montypas, other esteemed Pedelecs)

Just before setting out to the bike store, I found a video RKS sent me from their manufacturing base in Turkey.

The video showed one of their mechanics supposedly getting rid of the Error 8 by resetting the display in a few simple steps.

Honestly, I must have watched the damned video 25 times, before attempting these steps on my bike. But, unfortunately the error message stayed - it didn't work.

So, I am now waiting for them to respond to me after breaking the news to them that it didn't work.

Thanks !

Edwardbooze

Pedelecer
Sep 16, 2020
Hello (Montypas, other esteemed Pedelecs)

Just before setting out to the bike store, I found a video RKS sent me from their manufacturing base in Turkey.

The video showed one of their mechanics supposedly getting rid of the Error 8 by resetting the display in a few simple steps.

Honestly, I must have watched the damned video 25 times, before attempting these steps on my bike. But, unfortunately the error message stayed - it didn't work.

So, I am now waiting for them to respond to me after breaking the news to them that it didn't work.

Thanks !

Edwardbooze

Pedelecer
Sep 16, 2020
Hello Good Folks!

My PAS problem is solved! So many of you have come to my aid, and I wish to thank you deeply, from the bottom of my heart!

You suggested or told me what to do, and I did a little of it, to be honest. Someone asked ' well did you contact RKS for help?' (the company in Turkey who manufactured my bike) I did that, within 24 hrs. they sent me a video and written instructions on how to enable my PAS. But, at first, it didn't seem to work, but that was only because I was to match the timing and the button combinations exactly as the technician displayed how they should be done. I finally got my pedal assist error to disappear, but I managed to mess up a little and now I have an odometer Error no. 13 now. But, anyway, the worst is over.

If anyone wants me to upload the video (although I doubt if anyone needs it) I will upload it.

Okay, again thanks to ALL!

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
Hello Good Folks!

My PAS problem is solved! So many of you have come to my aid, and I wish to thank you deeply, from the bottom of my heart!

You suggested or told me what to do, and I did a little of it, to be honest. Someone asked ' well did you contact RKS for help?' (the company in Turkey who manufactured my bike) I did that, within 24 hrs. they sent me a video and written instructions on how to enable my PAS. But, at first, it didn't seem to work, but that was only because I was to match the timing and the button combinations exactly as the technician displayed how they should be done. I finally got my pedal assist error to disappear, but I managed to mess up a little and now I have an odometer Error no. 13 now. But, anyway, the worst is over.

If anyone wants me to upload the video (although I doubt if anyone needs it) I will upload it.

Okay, again thanks to ALL!
At least you have learnt. Don't tinker with the buttons unless you have the instruction manual?
We have all done it