New Bigger Wisper is on the way this year

Vikki

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2009
Hi, David.

I've seen a few up at Farlington marshes and a couple down the back of Fratton football ground - cute little beggers. Seen a mouse tearing across the path in front of me, low to the ground and legs looking like wheels, little blighter was shifting. Had a vole shoot out in front of me yesterday. He clapped eyes on me and did a sharp 180 degree, that must have burnt his paws, and shot back in to the undergrowth. White rabbits and black rabbits in the field, normal browns, too. Oh, and a Grebe on the marshes. Just full of wildlife is Farlington marshes cycle path.

Best regards.

Vikki.

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
A different perspective

Hi Vikki

It's amazing how you see the world from a completely different perspective from a bike. Earlier this year a weasel and it's two cubs ran across the road in front of me. I can't remember ever seeing one before.

I looked up Farlington Marshes on Google, looks amazing.

Best regards David

themutiny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2009
David

Can you give an update on when the 906 alfine will be available?
many thanks

Nick

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
What's in a name?

Hi Nick

We were warned off calling the range the Alfine by Shimano, Alpina was risking the wrath of BMW, Alpine seemed a good idea but Alipnebikes.com had gone so we have settled on calling the new range the Wisper Alpino.

The Alpino versions of the 705, 806 and 905se Sport will be at Euro bike which will be the first time I see them. We have ordered more samples to come in on the October container and I can give you first dibs on one of those if you like, no commitment.

All the best David

OneWayTraffic

Pedelecer
Apr 7, 2009
Hi Vikki

It's amazing how you see the world from a completely different perspective from a bike. Earlier this year a weasel and it's two cubs ran across the road in front of me. I can't remember ever seeing one before.

I looked up Farlington Marshes on Google, looks amazing.

Best regards David
In New Zealand we serve to hit those little buggers. Stoats too.

I guess in the UK it's the other way round.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Just back this afternoon from Switzerland/Italy trip and shattered...will post info and piccys later

"and the massively efficient light weight Japanese Dapu 250w hub motor on the front wheel."

this motor looks small? what advantages does it have over the stock 905SE motor? does it offer more hill climbing ability along with the alfina set up? as that is what I need or else a gastric band op:rolleyes:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
very odd........somehow double posted

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Don't worry about it Ed......people have done stranger things when sleep-walking!
Bob!.......nice to see you are still around!

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Eddio

Just back this afternoon from Switzerland/Italy trip and shattered...will post info and piccys later

"and the massively efficient light weight Japanese Dapu 250w hub motor on the front wheel."

this motor looks small? what advantages does it have over the stock 905SE motor? does it offer more hill climbing ability along with the alfina set up? as that is what I need or else a gastric band op:rolleyes:
I would keep the appointment if I were you! :eek: But before you go ahead try the new Alpino or 906xc both of which sport the new motor, it doesn't pack a lot of extra power for hill climbing but the top end is silent and speedy. And of course it is smaller and lighter than the Bafang.

All the best David

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I would keep the appointment if I were you! :eek: But before you go ahead try the new Alpino or 906xc both of which sport the new motor, it doesn't pack a lot of extra power for hill climbing but the top end is silent and speedy. And of course it is smaller and lighter than the Bafang.

All the best David
So David In your opinion the 906 is a real improvement and more responsive riding experience over a stock 905SE? it has better top speed? but not better at hill climbing?

I really like to "off road" switch on my wisper, sadly lacking from our 705SE.

what price will the 906xc be? I am 5.10 and comfortable on the 905 and don't want a more unwieldy bike.......will this bike be OK for me?

Is the overall height of bike different (motorhome garage consideration) and does it still have the ability to drop the handlebars as my 905 has?

have emailed you some bike related photos from trip.

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
906xc

Hi Eddie

Does your 705se have the new front connection box?

705Se+2 stock.jpg

If so you can take out the white loop all together to de restrict or fit a green button (free issue) to this connection and have the choice of de restrict or restrict mode.

Derestrictcable -100kb.jpg

I have to warn you that riding an electric bike with the capability to have motor assistance over 15.5mph is not legal on roads in the UK or Europe.

The 906xc Tourer, to give it it's full title is not in the Alpino range so does not have a bigger frame or C700 wheels.

The main differences are as follows

1. Light weight, mega strong Carbon Alloy frame
2. Carbon seat post
3. Carbon handlebars
4. Vogue (RST's top of the range) air shocks on the front wheel with lock out and ajustment on the handle bars.
5. The new Dapu Japanese light weight hi efficiency motor on the front wheel. With self diagnostic system, three levels of power and throttle only options from an LCD panel which also gives battery state etc.
6. Shimano Alfine 8 hub gear box
7. Shimano Alfine front and rear disc brakes (the motor is completely hidden behind the front disc)

906sewithfrontlight14 100.jpg

8. High power front head light run from the battery with light sensor.
9. Alex OP Disc rims
10. Tekro brake levers (soon to be standard on all Wispers)

I am sure I have missed somthing but you get the gist! We will have marketing images and full details ready in the next two weeks.

The bike is going to retail at £1,999.00 and is absolutly amazing! We will have 50 of them in the UK in October.

All the best David

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
O Lordy....getting well and truly confused now:confused:

"The 906xc Tourer, to give it it's full title is not in the Alpino range so does not have a bigger frame or C700 wheels."

so this bike is the same size frame and style as the 905? but carbon frame etc....?

so the bigger bike with bigger wheels has the same equipment? is it simply for taller people like the dutch?

"Does your 705se have the new front connection box?"

Yes, and as I said at the time I still dont like it, as it is not a very robust set of connections.

all the cables on our 705 have pulled out past cleats exposing colour cables and I have pushed them back repeatedly....notice that someone else had a problem as well with main cable on bottom of the connector being vandalised/damaged. I much prefer the individual cables rapped together going back as a set, far more robust IMO

P.S. I was intending to change my 905 so that I would have the same battery as my wifes latest 705. Have been e biking for a year now ans smitten so happy to pay out more for a better product....which of these new bike would be best for me David? :)

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
O Lordy....getting well and truly confused now:confused:

"The 906xc Tourer, to give it it's full title is not in the Alpino range so does not have a bigger frame or C700 wheels."

so this bike is the same size frame and style as the 905? but carbon frame etc....?
Yes you are spot on. The 906xc Tourer is the same size as the 905's but will all the extras.

The Alpinos are for Germany, Holland and Scandinavian countries where people are generally taller than us in the UK, they also prefer the closed hubs and the average bike price is way above prices here, hence these bikes will have the Alfine hubs and brakes with Dapush motors.

They will be available to UK customers on order.

Regarding the cables pulling out of the front connector box, all future bikes have these cables well secured, we have ordered extra boxes which will be available free issued to any one who needs one. I must say though they have been very well received with hardly a problem. They neaten the front of the bike, allow the simple exchange of damaged controls on the handle bars and make changes to the operation of the bikes simple.

Best regards David

Last edited:

seeker

Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2008
Brake Levers

8. High power front head light run from the battery with light sensor.
9. Alex OP Disc rims
10. Tekro brake levers (soon to be standard on all Wispers)

All the best David
Hi David,

Do the new brake fit on a 2008 model 905S?

If so would I easily be able to fit them myself?

And if so, can I order a pair?

Regards

Seeker

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
New brakes

Hi Seeker, yes they will.

We have been campaigning long and hard for a better quality brake lever mechanism and Tektro have come up with a great unit. We will have spares in stock in November latest.

All the best David

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Your a good salesman! put me down for one please...

I can sell my 905 on fleabay and use the wife's 705 while I wait. last question:D what does the new 906 weigh?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Weight

Hi Eddie

Thanks you are the first to buy one, have a word with your dealer and they will reserve one for you.

As soon as I have the final weight I will post it here.

All the best

David

Last edited: