new controller

robdon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2013
voltage is set, not wheel size yet,
d8veh I thought using the motor controller tester would sort out the hall wires.
and if the wheel turns in reverse, to change positions of the phase wires.
I will print out the diagram you have inserted and have a try, but I have one wire spare.
ROB

D

Deleted member 4366

Leave the blue wire disconnected. It's a temperature or speed sensor that you don't need.

The hall and phase wires have to be connected in the correct sequence. You can't go colour to same colour when you use a different controller, except that the KU controllers from BMSM can sort it all out automatically.

For the hall wires, you must connect red to red and black to blac. Those two provide the power for them. Label the other three Y, B. G. Label the three phase wires Y, B and G too, then connect the combinations according to that table.

robdon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2013
ok,
thanks for help, will give it a go, by the way I am expecting a KU65 controller from bms battery soon, do you think I should wait and try that if they sort it out automatically.
ROB

robdon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2013
Back again,
Tried the hall and phase wiring diagrams that d8veh supplied but could`nt get anything to work except maybe a little bump, i came across the 36 version check and tried it. Best result no. 34
Got variable results, motor running but not wheel, very noisy and mostly LCD showing motor error.
Eventually after hours of testing, got the motor to run smoothly in forward, i think in the 6mph mode, may be a little faster the motor only starts by pressing the CUR button, and will only stop by shutting the LCD down.
The throttle has not worked in any of the tests, the voltage on the throttle red to black is 4.4v and black to blue operating throttle varies from 0.85v – 3.65.
Pas does not work either votage red – black is 4.3v, have tried two PAS and sensors both new and same voltage showing , what next.
ROB

robdon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2013
pressing the CUR button also stops the motor, speed is much more than 6 mph, just throttle and PAS to sort
ROB