Help! New conversion, Yose Power -> KT controller issues

lumineez

Just Joined
Jun 2, 2022
Forgive what is probably a basic question. I've converted my mountain bike using a 36v250w Yose Power front wheel kit, however I decided to change to a KT controller (this one from top bike kit) and display. My first question should be whether this is okay/safe and whether there are any specific settings I need to bear in mind when pairing a Yose battery and motor with a KT controller.

My second question is a new issue I seem to be getting since replacing the controller. When using Yose's Luishi controller there was a smooth acceleration using the throttle, with the KT controller I get a rather quick and sudden acceleration up to the speed limit I have set. Maybe related to the torque simulation? This leads to me the other part of the issue - the speed the controller shows increases very quickly when engaging the throttle, then returns to 0 almost immediately when I release the throttle. It's clear I'm not accelerating that fast so I'm assuming I have a setting wrong somewhere. Any help would be appreciated!

Battery: Yose Power 36V 15.6Ah 577Wh
Controller: KT T-06S 24V/36V250W Torque Simulation Sine Wave
Motor: 250w

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Do you have the full manual for the KT and what display are you using? If LCD3^ then check out

KT LCD3

C4 may have a solution for you.

As for acceleration, I haven't experienced Luishi, yes KT can be sudden but it's what I am used too.

Last edited: