New Cube electric bikes from ChainReactionCycles

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Nice bike.

Not that stealthy though, it's easy to wonder why the tube below the seat is so big. And that's also where the battery is usually placed.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I like the look of these and weight of ladies 18.7kg which is nice...I just wonder how much adjustment there is on the seat. Motor looks similar to the Stork......

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
I like the look of these and weight of ladies 18.7kg which is nice...I just wonder how much adjustment there is on the seat. Motor looks similar to the Stork......
Same thought crossed my mind as well.

No mention of battery size and I think the motor is the same as the Stork. Would like to see the handlebar layout as well.

The only thing that would put me off this bike apart from the price is some reliance on bespoke parts like the front derailleur hanger and rear rack mounting options including seat post.....also I would sacrifice a bit of weight for some decent front suspension.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, it is the same Swiss motor that's n the Storck.

As an aside, Chain Reaction Cycles have now become the biggest online bike components supplier in the world, not bad for a Northern Ireland based business.

Hi fellow e-bike enthusiasts.

Just to clarify, the motor in the Cube bike is manufactured under a Storck license, is less powerful and heavier than that used on Storck Multitask and Multiroad bikes. The EU speed limiter is also mapped slightly differently too and comes in with a more noticable thump. So, whilst it looks very similar (in terms of motor casing) to that used by Storck Bicycles, it is a different motor.

I hope this helps.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Hi fellow e-bike enthusiasts.

Just to clarify, the motor in the Cube bike is manufactured under a Storck license, is less powerful and heavier than that used on Storck Multitask and Multiroad bikes. The EU speed limiter is also mapped slightly differently too and comes in with a more noticable thump. So, whilst it looks very similar (in terms of motor casing) to that used by Storck Bicycles, it is a different motor.

I hope this helps.
any chance of Stork coming up with a dropped cross bar ladies version, like the ladies Cube?

review here...Shame I dont understand German:D

Storck Raddar Multitask Review by ElektroRad - YouTube

Last edited:
The guys at Storck are working on a revised battery pack that would fit on a comfort and ladies step through frame. I cannot confirm production / delivery dates at this stage, but as soon as I know, I will post here.

We translated the video a few months ago and it basically says the Storck Multiitask Raddar bike delivers a very smooth power delivery, exceptionally quite via the Swiss built motor and rides very well even with the system switched off.

Summary: The Best e-bike on the German market.

Now available here in the UK.