New e bikes with small ah batteries

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
In some ways, it's just being more honest than ghost peddling a PAS sensor (Flecc - please make sure I have used the right spelling, I never know which is right :) )
Happy to oblige. :)

Peddling as you've shown is selling the PAS sensor. It comes from these words and meanings:

Pedlar - a person who goes from place to place selling small items.

Peddles - tries to sell (something, especially small goods) by going from place to place.

In cycling we pedal, and when doing so are pedalling, so our bicycles are fitted with pedals.

Reactions: WheezyRider

WheezyRider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2020
Happy to oblige. :)

Peddling as you've shown is selling the PAS sensor. It comes from these words and meanings:

Pedlar - a person who goes from place to place selling small items.

Peddles - tries to sell (something, especially small goods) by going from place to place.

In cycling we pedal, and when doing so are pedalling, so our bicycles are fitted with pedals.
Ah yes, the ghost peddling is something done by spiritualists, not e-bikers :D

Reactions: richtea99 and flecc

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Ah yes, the ghost peddling is something done by spiritualists, not e-bikers :D
They're not real Mediums - most Mediums look very well fed, look more like a Large

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Now that you have your soldering iron, you need to be careful not to head down the road of too many accessories............View attachment 47063
I hope someone will shoot me before that happens! Seems like he's constructed a barrier with screens and gizmos to hide behind - parts of which may embed into his face in a collision, depending on what sort of helmet he's wearing. I would have loved to have read an account of you asking him questions about what the heck is on that bike and why, after loitering for awhile for him to exit. Maybe next time? On the other hand, he could go nuts? Outraged that the method behind this apparent madness is being questioned?

Last edited:

WheezyRider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2020
Anyway, getting this thread back on topic...

Wouldn't it be great if e-bike manufacturers made bikes where you could swap in a large or a small pack, depending on what you wanted to do that day? Too many bikes have everything so integrated you can't do that sort of thing.

• Agree
Reactions: guerney and flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i can get 300w 400w 500w 625 and 745w frame batts that will fit my bike but there not cheap and cant be recelled

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

Wouldn't it be great if e-bike manufacturers made bikes where you could swap in a large or a small pack, depending on what you wanted to do that day? Too many bikes have everything so integrated you can't do that sort of thing.
Even if the battery cases and mounts are the same, say for a shark or dolphin or whatever, the polarity of one's newly purchased spare or smaller battery could be wrong - therefore a big bang and magic smoke, if one doesn't know to check and switch accordingly. :rolleyes: There's no standardisation! :mad:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

I did something like that with my Brompton. I have a small 4AH battery for zipping around Southend and a larger 13AH for longer rides.
If you use HL battery case, you can have 36V HL batteries in 10AH, 13AH, 15AH, 17.5AH and 20AH.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The 26 volt Panasonic crank units from 2007 on had a number of battery options from 8Ah to 24 Ah. Earlier than that Ezee bikes had a standard battery mount with a range of options from 9Ah to 18Ah and a twin battery 24Ah option.

Swinman

Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2016
Leicester
Thank you all for the feed back I didn’t think it would raise quite so much debate, to be fair I’ve never pushed my bike to its limit as being disabled I don’t pedal much so just use the throttle, my main point , we’ll answered by all thank you, was is it worth getting a new controller to get better paformance from the battery in terms of distance, but I best get on my diet and loose some wait lol