New Gtech ebike

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
Do you have further updates on the Gtechs after a few more weeks have gone by?

Ease of use, comfort, reliability, how high is the ladies version and adjustment of the seat and do they seem durable?

How do they manage the inevitable pot holes and crumbled sides of the road

Do you have the mudguards, lights etc as they are now included in the price.

I would be very grateful for a bit more knowledge.

Derek M Walshaw

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 25, 2016
Pretty good hatchet job all round. OK so its basic, some people want basic. Oh, and its 100% overpriced, its biggest failing in my view, but it is the only full size real road bike around at 16kg. I also do like the belt drive although accept that this is only possible without deraillieur gears.
I would like to know how it manages inclines without gears. does the motor compensate.......Does it need gears or is it a dead duck on medium slopes?

Noizeman

Jun 13, 2016
Wirral
Do you have further updates on the Gtechs after a few more weeks have gone by?

Ease of use, comfort, reliability, how high is the ladies version and adjustment of the seat and do they seem durable?

How do they manage the inevitable pot holes and crumbled sides of the road

Do you have the mudguards, lights etc as they are now included in the price.

I would be very grateful for a bit more knowledge.
The Gtech 'city' ladies bike is excellent! I bought one for my wife a few weeks ago who has a disability and hasn't been able to ride a bike for many years.
The price is a very reasonable £995 and the bike comes with mudguards, lights and even a helmet. It is lightweight, very easy to ride (no gears), looks good and seems to be well-made.
The only change made was the purchase of a better seat post (with tilt adjustment) and a Selle 'Big Bum' sprung saddle, as the Gtech doesn't have suspension (not that my wife does have a big bum of course!)

I've since converted my own bike (a Marin MTB) with an 'ARC Street' conversion so now I keep up with my wife!

Reactions: VictoryV

MattHall

Jun 6, 2016
Bristol
Ah but that's not strictly true...
Faster than light travel has been proved as has time travel compared to which ebike tech is but a small thing..
I'd hate my first post to be inflammatory ( as I am trying to find info on the G-tech and some Haibikes ) but faster than light travel has not been proved and time travel is only possible relative to your speed of travel ( or gravity) where, for example a clock sent into space would return out of sync with a clock that remained on earth (time dilation) and relative to the people on earth you would have moved forward in time.

Any who, I wouldn't want people to think we are that far forward in our understanding of current science.
I'll get my coat!
Matt

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
faster than light travel is possible.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
there are simple examples like the closing speed of two opposite beams in the LHC or Cherenkov radiation. FTL travel does not infringe general relativity. I don't know if you did quantum mechanics at uni, but the jury is still out.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
1 gram of antimatter s worth 1 trillion dollars only problem is it will take us 4 million years to make this much atm.

and then when we are flying round space at light speed we prob p of et and have inter galactic war ;)

• Agree
Reactions: trex

jdallan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Cherenkov - I don't think he was too bright since he managed to kill himself with his own car in his own driveway! ...or am I thinking about someone else?:oops:

Jim

Reactions: stumpy150

MattHall

Jun 6, 2016
Bristol
faster than light travel is possible.
You can't just say it?
As somebody cleverer than me said 'yout entitled to your opinions but not your facts'
Any peer reviewed papers that substantiate your claims?
The word of physics is itching to know and your Nobel prize is on its way!
Matt

MattHall

Jun 6, 2016
Bristol
there are simple examples like the closing speed of two opposite beams in the LHC or Cherenkov radiation. FTL travel does not infringe general relativity. I don't know if you did quantum mechanics at uni, but the jury is still out.
I the LHC had observed faster than light travel it would be front page news.
And if the jury is still out, then it ain't been proved and is just conjecture.
And when they thought they'd observed neutrinos exceeding the speed of light ( down to a loose connection ) Brian Cox said he'd eat his hat if it were true.
I think you'd conceded he's brighter than us?
It may be found but it hasn't yet.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the vid on my 30 quid cam seems lot more clear than that?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i can upload any size vid on my account just my cam cuts out at around 25-30 mins and opens a new file and will carry on recording.

you need a full you tube account if thats the case same as mine ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
they have to ring you to activate it mind for vids 30 mins and longer, id also oped a google add sense account as that is how you make money from the adds ;)

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
@MattHall
it's something I have been taught many years ago. One of the first things you learn is the principle of uncertainty. That principle implies that individual photons can travel faster than light at short distance. wiki that up then move on to reality and entanglement.
In the LHC, two beams are accelerated at near speed of light in opposite directions before they collide. Their closing speed is near 2c.