New Kalkhoff Evo.

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
More on them here http://www.50cycles.com/electric-bikes/impulse-evo.html

It's a bit of a sore subject. I ordered a 55cm Integrale S11 for myself, but it's been sold from underneath me so I'm not going to ride one until later in the year now.

We were told 80Nm in the presentation in Cologne earlier this year, but the new gears will go up to 100Nm. And the Integrale has this incredible dual headlight on the front of it and an ULTRA POWER mode.

The satnav feature is clever. Rather than encumber the console with navigation software and all the computing overheads like the disappointing Bosch Nyon system, it hands over all the navigation heavy lifting to the supercomputer in your pocket, your smartphone. Much better way to do it.

They look like this

Last edited:

SteveRuss

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2015
Bristol, Uk
It's a bit of a sore subject. I ordered a 55cm Integrale S11 for myself, but it's been sold from underneath me so I'm not going to ride one until later in the year now.
Oh :(

The styling seems better than the current range. A bit more futuristic from looking at the photos.

Expensive though and in many ways I think quality pedelecs would ideally be heading down the price scale rather than up. Even if by just a smidgen here and there..

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Expensive though and in many ways I think quality pedelecs would ideally be heading down the price scale rather than up. Even if by just a smidgen here and there..
Well, you can get a Tasman 8 with Impulse 2 for £1995 or 10% off that and all the 2015 range with the voucher code JUNE10 until the end of this month. So that's £1795.50 for a fully-loaded 17Ah Impulse 2.0 bike.

markrl

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 18, 2014
London
The new range of bikes look fantastic and very futuristic compared to the currant ranges more traditional look. I really don't see any practical advantage in integrating the battery into the frame. Presumably the integrated battery cant simply be swapped out with a spare or brought indoors during the winter to keep warm. I'm still very tempted by the current 2015 Endeavour model.

lordvincent

Pedelecer
Jan 23, 2015
The Integrale is a bit of a pig imo. The battery section looks bent out of shape and odd; I don't see the point of integrating the battery if it looks like this. I think the Bosch arrangement is still the most aesthetically pleasing.

rippedupno1

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2013
Dudley,west midlands
I mentioned yesterday in another thread that I quite liked the look of the integrale and I have to say that it has grown on me even more since then . I like the styling of the integrated battery finishing short of the top tube, for me it makes for a much more modern design, setting itself apart from so many others that can all look much of a muchness. I also think that Kalkhoff should be applauded for being the first to offer an integrated battery with a large capacity (17 ah )
However this just goes to show how difficult it must be for the manufacturer as looks are so subjective, one person might love it another will hate it, a bit scary when you consider much money must be on the line in development costs.

markrl

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 18, 2014
London
Looking at it on a German site it looks like the battery is detachable and clips out of the frame. I cant help but notice the lack of a chain or belt guard, the drive belt runs exposed.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Bike Europe's jounal have commented on the new Kalkhoff Impulse Evo system with some data. There's no link to the article but I've copied it here:

Impulse Evo System.jpg

Reactions: SteveRuss

John Roberts

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2015
Could someone please tell me advantages/disadvantages of the Integrale vs the Include, both bikes with the new Evo system. Without seeing them first hand it's hard for me to tell but I'm really liking on of these as perhaps my first e-bike.

Thanks.