New kits fitted yesterday

alan from eston

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 28, 2014
My 2 new kits arrived last week from Pro Rider, there were a few small niggles but these were sorted promptly and I fitted the kits to mine and the wifes bikes,
We are both in our late sixties and bought the bikes from Halfords several years ago but due to dodgy knees and arthritis the bikes were only used a few times and then stored in the garage.

The kits were straight foreward to fit, the wiring is fitted temporarily until i get some spiral wrap and then i can make a proper job and store the controller and the wiring connections in the box at the front of the battery rack.

Although my bike has rear suspension i have managed to fit the rack securely, i need to make a bracket to tie in the front stabiliser rods which are secured with a tie wrap at present to check the fit.

Because we have not ridden the bikes for several years we had a practice run up the back lane cos its reasonably flat, the missus was a bit unsteady setting off and stopping and ended up in a heap but after a few goes she got the hang of it and we can now get up the inclines that we have to get out of our road, so hopefully we can now use the bikes to get a bit of exercise.
Here are a few pics of the bikes, please ignore the tie wraps these will be tidied up later.003.jpg 015.jpg 012.jpg 014.jpg 009.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: jonathan75

alan from eston

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 28, 2014
Those brackets look the business but my wheels have keyed anti rotation washers fitted on the inside of the forks and the spindles are round where they pass through the drop out so the external brackets would not fit.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
The torque arms are needed for higher power motors, but I wouldn't worry about them for your kits.

You grasp what they are trying to prevent and seem to have done a good, tidy job on installation.