New member.

PeterPJD

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 20, 2014
Driffield
New to e-bikes, not new to cycles. I bought an electric cycle to keep up with the younger fitness fanatics in a NON-competitive club, as due to my age and medical conditions, I could not keep up with the other members in the group and was thrown out of the club because I could keep up. (I would have been able to leave them all behind if I wanted to, but I was not competing with them - just trying to enjoy the company), but they would have non of that - I was told to go and sit in my rocking chair!
No doubt all other reasons except the real one was given to prohibit me from taking part. Some older people are still young at heart! - How do one start a senior, everything go cycle club in your own area for people that still enjoy the outside country life when it is not raining? (Non fanatic - club)

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Assuming I read this aright, you were excomunicated for riding an ebike?

Miserable buggers - I wouldn't want their company.

Where are you & what ebike do you ride?

Reactions: PeterPJD

PeterPJD

May 20, 2014
Driffield
Assuming I read this aright, you were excomunicated for riding an ebike?

Where are you & what ebike do you ride?
Hello Jackhandy,
I'm from Driffield, East Yorkshire. I got an Elize e-bike from Bicycles4U - 250W. Been given all other reason's except riding an e-bike. I was not excommunicated but the situation left me no other choice, but to resign - I was able to read between the lines! At 70 after working with people in my previous career, I am able to do that.

smee

Pedelecer
May 12, 2014
Totally agree.

I haven't even thought of joining a club yet. I bought my e-bike to replace a second car, and to get some exercise. I actually enjoy riding on my own, enjoying the quiet a beauty of the countryside.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
There seems to be a few of you riding ebikes in Yorkshire, so maybe you'll be able to get some club-rides going.

I'm t'other end of the country & all I've got for a mate is Falmouth Tony :) but we gets out together now & then.

PeterPJD

May 20, 2014
Driffield
Totally agree.

I haven't even thought of joining a club yet. I bought my e-bike to replace a second car, and to get some exercise. I actually enjoy riding on my own, enjoying the quiet a beauty of the countryside.
Hello Smee, that is exactly why I am cycling. I still have my previous road bike. With an e-bike you definitely still get excercise, unless you ride on power only, which I don't think a lot of people do. I use pedal only the most of the time until the going gets tough and then switch to power assist!

PeterPJD

May 20, 2014
Driffield
There seems to be a few of you riding ebikes in Yorkshire, so maybe you'll be able to get some club-rides going.

I'm t'other end of the country & all I've got for a mate is Falmouth Tony :) but we gets out together now & then.
Enjoy it!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No-one actually at Driffield apart from you yet Peter, but a few in surrounding locations.

Have a look at the Members Map for the nearest.

Dubster

Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2012
North Yorkshire
Hello Peter, I'm a bit further west over at Selby. Sometimes cycle out your way though.

Any excuse for fish and chips at Stuarts :)