New Name for Forum

EddieH

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2015
How about changing the name to " The leading Flud approved Electric Bike Community" then membership can be limited to those who have presented their bike to Flud for inspection.

Mar 9, 2016
How about changing the name to " The leading Flud approved Electric Bike Community" then membership can be limited to those who have presented their bike to Flud for inspection.
Great idea...
Like I,ve said before powerful ebikes are fine, yes Government probably should let us legally ride S Pedelecs or whatever. But fact is at moment they don't, so just think folk should stop telling everybody about doing 35 mph not pedalling, or giving build accounts of 1000w bikes...thats all I,m saying.
But your idea would be a logistical nightmare...I,m busy most days posting rubbish on here.

Last edited:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Great idea...
Like I,ve said before powerful ebikes are fine, yes Government probably should let us legally ride S Pedelecs or whatever. .
Sadly I fear that would or could spell the end for e-mtb use in National Parks, on bridleways and at Sportive events. I realise that S Pedelcs and bikes fitted with dongles would require registration and wouldn't be allowed anyway, but no one is going to police it, so a ban would be the only option.
I also wonder if we are likely to see it happen anyway. All because of the likes of Paul Smith and co.

I see zero benefit to neither S Pedelecs or bikes fitted with dongles for off road use. They simply aren't needed.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I see zero benefit to neither S Pedelecs or bikes fitted with dongles for off road use. They simply aren't needed.
Indeed, the S class pedelec class was designed expressly for road use only and in the countries where it's permitted, they are usually banned from cyclepaths.

Having 45 kph assistance is of no practical use in off-road conditions anyway.

Mar 9, 2016
Sadly I fear that would or could spell the end for e-mtb use in National Parks, on bridleways and at Sportive events. I realise that S Pedelcs and bikes fitted with dongles would require registration and wouldn't be allowed anyway, but no one is going to police it, so a ban would be the only option.
I also wonder if we are likely to see it happen anyway. All because of the likes of Paul Smith and co.

Yep I,m afraid you are right.
There is no way on earth National Parks will tolerate bikes capable of 20 mph plus on their tracks. They cant/ wont tell difference between them so it will be end of emtb...( not sure but think there is already s blanket 10mph limit, signs are appearing !)

Ranger was actually at point of stopping me going atound Lady Bower couple of weeks ago, but same bloke was moaning about black lab I was walking drinking out of reservoir !!!( seriously) Looked quite sheepish when I told him I exercise dogs for blind !!!

Reactions: LeighPing

Paul smith

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2016
I just turned 53..an bombing about through forest trails...doing 20-30mph..with not a soul in sight...brings a huge grin to my face...so many grumps here....

Reactions: LeighPing
Mar 9, 2016
It's international just like this one. It's on the internet therefore it's global.
If you read their intro/ rules for pedelecs you,ll notice a 20 mph limit..yes not a great deal but completely different.
They also have completely different attitude to "off road"..in that they have one...afraid ours went years ago...
So yes it might be international but relevant to uk...not really..

Mar 9, 2016
W
I just turned 53..an bombing about through forest trails...doing 20-30mph..with not a soul in sight...brings a huge grin to my face...so many grumps here....
Where abouts Paul ?

Must agree I love doing same but I,m going somewhat slower...good day average 12 mph...
I don't want or need a dongle, I,d go half as far twice as quick and run out of battery as far as is mathematically possible away from car..ie half way around.
Besides dongle doesn't help climbing , its not really a climb if you can go over 15 mph even with power.

Last edited: