New Online E-bike Magazine

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
As a British consumer, I'm content goods are labelled with their country of origin.

Not that I pay a great deal of attention to it.

I suspect you are correct about Brexit, the trading environment will not be massively affected.

There will be winners and losers, but not massive winners or catastrophic losers.

Which begs the question why there is so much heat over leaving a crummy little treaty organisation which has acquired an overblown sense of its own importance.

Perhaps we could have a thread about that...

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Which begs the question why there is so much heat over leaving a crummy little treaty organisation which has acquired an overblown sense of its own importance.

Perhaps we could have a thread about that...
Your "crummy little treaty organisation which has acquired an overblown sense of its own importance" happens to be the largest of it's kind in the world. Its size makes it important.

There's repeatedly the answer to your question in the existing Brexit thread, and not just from me alone.

Just as there's more to life than money, the EU is not just about trade alone, in fact that might be its least important aspect.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
We managed well enough without the EU and we will manage well enough without it again.

If we can ever extricate ourselves.

It is a pity those who are so keen for us to stay don't concentrate their energies on making our exit a success.

A few words on a forum is neither here nor there, but it is instructive that any positivity about Brexit is jumped on by a small hit squad of remainers.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
We managed well enough without the EU and we will manage well enough without it again.
No we didn't. As I posted, there's more than money and trade and in a number of areas of life we failed miserably. It took the EU and European Courts to rectify those failings. Given our history I have no faith in any UK government to protect its citizens rights in future, indeed the act we wrote but initially refused to enact is to be disposed of! Hardly reassuring.

2 problems with that statement.

a) we really didn't... pre EU things weren't going that great in the UK.

b) pre EU, the EU wasn't there.... if we leave we'll be competing with it on the increasingly global competitive market. Pre EU, we weren't competing with it, because it didn't exist.

• Agree
Reactions: jwm and flecc