new owner of electric bike

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
Yes, "32mph on flat ground" and 1100 miles in a month. The tool kits going to get well used :eek:

Impressive looking conversion :)

glenn

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2009
so far its going well

Havent had much to do to it yet did grease the bearings before the heavy rain comes and put my new memory foam seat on and a new set of break pads but outside of that no problems

glenn

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2009
wet shoes

I ride to work everyday with my suit trousers today had high winds and heavy down pours of rain. stayed dry except for shoes can anyone sugest a good place to get some over shoes to keep ankles and dress shoes dry?
the good part was the bike did well and no shorts

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Take a spare pair of shoes to keep at work ?

I keep a complete change of clothes and spare shoes there.

Regards

Jerry

glenn

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2009
just ordered the wet shoes

well my bike is for sure waterproof. I took the shoes to work like sugested above and glad i did. I live in a southwest seaside city and the heavens opened up today. i was going up and down hilly streets that were more like rivers for 7 miles but outside of my shoes that were more like sponges i stayed dry except for face. And the most important part my bike didnt short out in the constant down pour. :D

glenn

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2009
thanks John

ordered the shoes and had a monsoon type down pour on saturday and they did the job well my shoes stayed completely dry. thanks for the info.

emissions-free

Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2009
Shanghai
That's turned out well and I thought the only way you could get a descent e bike was if you gave 1500 quid of your hard earned to 1 of the big name brands :rolleyes: Just make sure you've got a descent torque arm on that beast and check the the nuts are good'n tight on a regular basis. Wise move putting a poweful motor like that in the rear.

glenn

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2009
got hit by a car today

yes so far it has been a very good investment I have had a problem with the battery recently but the guy i purchased from in china is paying the shipping back to him and sending me a new one. I do check its tight so far nothing loose but did just put new pads on the brakes good thing.
I got put under an audi estate today she turned right at the intersection in the rain with out a signal and hit me in the bike lane luckily we both came to a quick stop with me inside her front fender well but no damage to bike except for handle grip and had to realign the front wheel. so far so good. Luckily it was raining heavy so i had plenty of padding on and my thick gloves so no scratches but knee is a little sore tonight.:rolleyes:

emissions-free

Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2009
Shanghai
Sounds like a bit of a close call there Glenn. The average car driver just doesn't see motorbikes and even less so bicycles. I did my bike test a few of years ago and it definitely made me much more aware of what is going on around me on the road. Now I live in Shanghai and I can assure you that no matter how bad people drive in the UK, they've got absolutely nothing on what I see around here day in, day out :eek:

I try to keep in my mind that eveyone on the road is a selfish imbecile (don't have to work hard at maintaining this thought, as it is constantly reinforced :mad: ) Added to that my ebike is a little nippy with not the best brakes and on top of that, people just don't expect a bike to be going fast. Howver having that extra bit of speed can get you out of difficult situations, so it's a double edged sword IMO.

Anyway, you make sure you take care of yourself. It's easy to change a bicycle but we were only given 1 body.

Refreshing to see that you were given good aftersales service. Shock horror, I thought everything that came out of China was junk :eek: oh sorry it's top quality and top dollar once a brand name has bought that part and had it assembled in the OEM factory they use for assembly :rolleyes: