New Oxygen E.mate Turbo

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4366

Spotted in Telford and rumoured to be on its way to Bristol and available to test-ride later in the day. Reputedly the best hill-climber you're ever likely to encounter.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Spotted in Telford and rumoured to be on its way to Bristol and available to test-ride later in the day. Reputedly the best hill-climber you're ever likely to encounter.

I reckon you will have them all running scared dave.......looks like it is snuggling up ready to get into your van lol
I cant wait to see the hill races this year it certainly looks like the competition is hotting up from last year.
Only odd light showers forecast in the morning.........bring it ON :cool:

Lynda :)

muckymits

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2011
Just to take Bobs mind off things....the tyre pressures on Daves van seem a tad high

D

Deleted member 4366

Well the bike performed faultlessly, and would easily have won to be crowned World Champion.

Unfortunately the rider didn't do so well. I don't know whether it was the slippery surface or sheer competitive exuberance, but whatever it was, under full power the back slipped, stepped out and high-sided resulting in a face-plant. Oh well, maybe next year. I might be able to post an onboard video later, or you van probably see it on YouTube.

We never had any hint of that sort of behaviour during testing, so it was a bit of a surprise and disappointment.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Well the bike performed faultlessly, and would easily have won to be crowned World Champion.

Unfortunately the rider didn't do so well. I don't know whether it was the slippery surface or sheer competitive exuberance, but whatever it was, under full power the back slipped, stepped out and high-sided resulting in a face-plant. Oh well, maybe next year. I might be able to post an onboard video later, or you van probably see it on YouTube.

We never had any hint of that sort of behaviour during testing, so it was a bit of a surprise and disappointment.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
I dont think I want to see that on you tube or anywhere else Dave.......it was bad enough seeing it for real, and I dread to think how much worse your injuries could have been without a helmet......( is that me saying that, 'Mrs I Dont Wear a Helmet', ) :confused:

Mind you, Im not in the habit of riding your kind of 'interesting' bikes.

Lynda :)

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
You went down fighting, Dave:

All 3 throttles wide open against the stops...

P'raps we should advise the fitting of wheelie-bars on the dragster class...

I could let you have the ones I just took off my grandaughter's bike...

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
Ouch.

Then again, if you're not crashing then you aren't trying hard enough!

D

Deleted member 33385